Monday, December 15, 2008

Black T

This is absolutely true: yesterday, someone remarked, rather hastily, to me;

“Do me a favor, hon, stop wearing black. It doesn’t do you any good”

I was stunned. ‘Why’d she say that?’ What nerve, some stranger try to hanging clouds over me and offer me some fashion tips. While I know I am not exactly mingling with the Beckhams but she isn’t exactly Donatella Versace either, so puhhlease!!

I was about to put dagger in her heart, quite literally, when I realized, she probably didn’t mean no harm, so I let it slip this time. But I have news for you girl;

I do own more than one black shirt!



Erm, OK. So is exactly my point. But what’s wrong with that?

Call me freak-of-nature, nut-jobs or even Hannibal Lecter but I couldn’t be more normal than any of you folks out there. Surely as a perfectly normal person, I do have a quirk or two but owning a closet-ful of black T-shirts wouldn’t qualify me for psychological studies subject, isn't it?

Thus, I feel obligated to explain myself - now that my “nonconformist” fashion style is under scrutiny - so that the next time you see me wearing the same T-shirt for 5 days running, please take note, it probably isn’t the same shirt. I just don’t prefer other colors.

1. Black T-shirt makes me….urm less fat. The wonder of dark colors redefine my bodyline and shape. (You should see me in Orange)

2. It makes me a little bit fairer - as comparison (need I to explain this?)

3. It screams ‘takes me seriously!’ (I-am-in-emo-band kinda serious!)

4. Easy to clean. No visible spots after eating Laksa or Mee Kari. And no Clorox or pounding on the rocks is necessary for those hard-to-rid-off stains.

5. Finally, the fashionista world over mantra; “You can never go wrong with a nice, black t-shirt” (well, not exactly, but who’s wearing little black dress, anyway?)

So these are why I love the color black so much. It does wonders to my body shape and skin tone and more importantly - my self-esteem. Black is timeless and so is my style.

Muah Muah Muah.

Erm, Ok maybe a short visit to the shrink wouldn't hurt.

7 comments:

ZaCk said...

Mus...Lamenye tak jmpa ko kan..
jum la lelepak kat kedai Ijan...

Tak kesah la ko nak pakai T-shirt ape pun..heheh... jnji suar tetap dikekalkan tradisinye..hehe..

Anonymous said...

Ala, aku tau la kau nak sorok perut... black is slimming khan??... Tapi tu bukan alasan tak payah gi jogging ye?
Larik...

Mat`amiT said...

well i used to wear blue (my case) all the time but lately i try to mix with other colours, for variation purposes.

Life's Like That said...

a shrink! come and visit me then. huhu

bro - wats wrong of wearin black? i got more blacks than u ever think!! heh. its nice, wat?

Mus The Great said...

Zack,
Jomlah Zack lepak samer, aku janji pakai seluar favourite ko tu..heheh

Pencerca mulai,
AWAS!!

Mat'amit,
Wow..Thanks for the tips dude!..

JM,
U're a shrink?...serious?

looka80 said...

mus - blue is my fav color. u shld try dark blue once a while la dude. huhu...

Anonymous said...

Wah! Awas katanya...
Anyway, it's ok la pakai black. Kalau kotor tak nampak.
Tak pasal pasal kena anjing menyalak bukit khan?