Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Very Bad Tonsil Of Mine

Let me tell you an old news: I am no stranger to many doctors and medical practitioners in this country. That’s right, since I was young I would always find a way to get myself acquainted to the neighborhood doctors; be it ripped earlobe, scalded skin, ruptured bones, slipped disc…I am the medical marvel! I bring in big bucks to the healthcare industry I tell you. (I once got myself a tiger-eyes bracelet all the way from Kuching on friends’ advice to ward off bad luck and guess what, it was chop off within weeks I was wearing them! So go figure!)

So if you have an aversion to descriptions of carnage, you probably don’t want to continue….

Well, it was all happened two weeks ago, when I suddenly felt a piercing cold in my stomach and the skin around my arms started to develop with some kind of itchy rashes. (Not very sightful but no photo is necessary to describe the condition…erm, you get the idea) That wasn’t always a good sign to me so naturally I went to see a doctor.

As expected the doctor said it was a normal allergic reaction to something I have eaten the night before – which kinda a lot! So he gave me some cream and Panadols but no anti-biotic. Anti-biotic is bad for allergy I was told.

And I thought I was taken care of and good to go but NOOOOO…. merely hours after that fated visit my temperature skyrocketing to the new height, over 40 Celcius! I was literally flattened and I swear I thought I was experiencing hallucination. No amount of Panadols and Paracetamol would do it for now.

So I mustered some strength and drove back to the clinic only to find another doctor manning the shift. I told her the whole story again and after much closer inspection, surprise! surprise! She came out with her own, different diagnose altogether - that I was in fact suffering from a very bad case, acute, swollen tonsil - and that rashes was just the side effect. I was stumped. How couldn’t I know better? I knew I should have insisted on their practicing medical certificates! Sigh, but I thought that was just rude.

I went back home, grudgingly, with the new “disease’ in tow, knowing too well it’s all temporary and it could change to anything worse anytime soon.

And I remained in my bed for the next five days after that – entertaining the hallucinations. What a rotten ways to spend your weekend and some of your weekdays! Erghh!

Truth be told, up until now, I still don’t feel 100%. I still feel weak and uninterested about anything. So typing this post is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-the-body experience.

I can’t feel a thing.

8 comments:

Life's Like That said...

cut it off, baby! chop it out!! go Mus go.. go Mus go..

(sambel loncat2 wit rambu2 kat tgn)

Anonymous said...

get well soon ek mus.. isan,, poor baby.. come, let mommy hug you.. ;)

AFIR HAMIDI said...

come on dude... mke sure you r all fine when i get back! hehehe...

Mat`amiT said...

just take ur meds, rest & drink plain water alot, Insya Allah things will turn for the better

Zetty said...

org kata kot tonsil buat perangai...kita kena makan ice cream banyak2 to cool it down.

worth trying kot.

Mus The Great said...

Thanks guys...i feel loved...huhu

Anonymous said...

mus.. betul kata zetty.. but not any ice-cream.. vanilla ice cream only!! and this is proven..

looka80 said...

mus - u take care dude. klu tak ok jgk, gi hospital plak k.