Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cry Me A River

Last week was particularly un-spectacular for me. I was beyond distraught. I lost two of the most precious things in my life - my wallet and my teeth. Devastated does not even begin to describe how I felt.

It was all started on Sunday night. I was hanging out with Sham, AJ, Shah and Eirul, and we were about to call it a night when I realized my 100%-genuine-leather-totally-imported wallet suddenly disappeared. Yeap, just like that. Gone.

Nevermind the Bonuslink and Tesco cards in it; imagine the horror of me waiting in 100-plus -people lines at the JPN, JPJ and CIMB counters with bad service. Imagine too the horror of me forking up my hard-earned money to replace all those things, plus all the money I’ve already lost. Hell, I might be better off living on the street!

And to keep saying, ‘things couldn’t get any worse than this”, boy, couldn’t I be more wrong? The next day came the second coming of BAD KARMA - my dentist refused my request to postpone the surgery! How’s that for ‘my-life-is-suck-right-now pathos?

"The next available appointment date would be on May, and looking at the rate your gum and teeth eating each other, I don’t think you can afford to defer that much longer, well unless, of course if you think ‘swollen gum’ look is all in the rage right now". (Funny!)

So there I was surrendering my fate and my rotten teeth to a pair of scalpel and “a clown”. I have been on medical leave ever since and GOD, in a lot of pain.

Trying to understand how bad things can actually happen to good people might just make my head explode. I simply can’t believe all these things are happening to me now. Life is so unfair.

So I think I am keeping this – oh yeah - to remind me probably all it isn’t lost for me yet.....


.....the ache still lives on, alright!

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

oh, my... is that ur troubled tooth?

Zetty said...

tanam la kat dlm pasu. mana tau dtg toothfairy malam kang with new wallet, cant guarantee it will be 100% leather though.

Mat`amiT said...

la kene second operation ker mus? knaper tak settle first time around??

Mus The Great said...

Miron,
Taaklah...(rolling eyes)

Zetty,
Dah cuba, takder pown. :)!

Mat'amit,
Aritu tak jadi buat...kena buat appointment baru untuk surgery(biasalah gomen hosp)...