Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm Ready

Some song just couldn’t quit. They keep playing in your head and just like an old photo album they keep turning back the pages for you. They become part of your life stories.

So, you couldn’t either stop smiling or weeping every time you hear them on the radio, as the memories of the past unfolded in front of you.

But now as I am talking about these kinds of songs, one particular stands up.


MusicPlaylist



Many years ago, when I was in college, I still remember asking my dear friend Harith, to copy me a selection of some of my favorite songs in a cassette. (Mind you, this is back in the day when cassettes reigned supreme over CD and I was a student!) And since he had the means – a huge mini compo that looked like something out of a sci-fi movie - he said yes.

True, after couple of days waiting patiently, he handed me over the cassette with all my favorite 90s hits in it - from Keith Martin to Boys II Men and what I didn’t know at first, he also included one ‘mystery’ song for me.

“I have this one song I want you to hear, I thought you might like it”

That song was ‘I’m Ready’ by Tevin Campbell.

And boy, was I hooked ever since. It was the best track on that little ‘pirated’ compilation and I played it over and over again throughout my years in that college.



Fast-forward 13 years later (yesterday to be exact, during lunchtime) as destiny would have it, I chanced upon this CD on the music store and in matter of seconds I snapped it off of the shelves. It felt like as though I ‘bought back’ the memories. Suddenly, all the nostalgic moments come rushing back to me, momentarily.

To me the song was like an official soundtrack to that period in my life. It’s my dedicated theme to old friends/team back in college days like Fairuz, Faizal, KA and of course Harith. I guess it would be much easier now to reminisce the bad times and good times together (And boy, aren’t they plenty!)

It’s funny how part of your life can be unfolded in a mere 4 minutes but it does. Sigh, I miss those good ol’ times.

Gosh I swear, at this moment, if anyone could turn back the hand of time and offers me to re-live it all over again - I’d say, O yes.

Bring it on, I am soo ready!

2 comments:

looka80 said...

i love that song too! ahhh... we've so much in common mus! omg. :-)

Mus The Great said...

You do?!!..OMG...we're soulmate dude..mm...but then again, who doesnt like the song?..hehe