Monday, June 30, 2008

Going Places

I am young (with some serious “denial” issues!) and I love traveling. And yes, despite of what my friends might have told you, I do enjoy ‘sight-seeing’ and ‘be cultured’. I am NOT the most disaffected, cube-dwelling drone the planet had ever known and NO, I don’t wile away the days and die in my slow, clock-punching rut. (Glad that out of my system!)

It’s just that previously, I had some ‘reasonable' hesitation that comes along with it - money and company. (Sigh, aren’t we all?)

But now that I am, ehem, older and wiser (more money), I finally learned a trick or two on how to experience the bestest holiday of the lifetime - without actually putting a ozone-size hole in my wallet or with that people that could possibly pop up your blood artery along the trip.

GO CHEAP. I realize I can go places.



I want to experience big, bustling city life, with a lot of shopping complexes and lively nightlife. (KL’s ‘bustling’ is a different meaning altogether)...and or ya...the architecture.

...Or to smell dewy, cool air over tranquil mountainous top.


....Or be in the most glamorous destination with a lot and lot of stargazing and ‘starstruck’ing.

.....Or to take a adrenalin-pumping ride in the wildest theme park in the world on a day-long of fun-filled activities.

To feel snowflake on my fingertip and roll over on the snow bed making snow angel.

To SCORN exotic foods and experience a different, unique worldly culture.

Now tell me, aren’t these enough to make your heart quivers in excitement?


Would I be rocking your boat if I say I have experienced them all - All in 5 days with budget just under RM200?


As a matter of factly - Yes, I did.


The dream holiday with shoestring budget in the shortest time? Hard to believe? Believe it!

Now everybody please it say with me......


“Where ever has Mus been to?”



TA – DA !!!!!

Yep, It was Genting. Yep, third time straight in 6 months! Sigh! But at least I started somewhere.

2 comments:

looka80 said...

gone to genting last march. stayed in awana. went up to the peak once for bowling. my stay 4d/3n had me want to puke my guts out. huhu. genting just not my cup of tea. but its good to know that you enjoyed ur stay there for less than rm200? shut up...!

ukanera arenaku said...

see... you don't have to wait until you grow wiser or earn more money to go places, kan...

to improvise tony fernandez's infamous quote, now everyone can travel!

i'm so glad that u flew to east malaysia for the first time with fezal, miji and i. how about sabah next?