Thursday, June 5, 2008

I Have Questions

Some people work best under pressure but that ain’t me. Yeah, I squished, I crumbled, I floored under a mere push. (So please people save me from your mean, cruel To-fu man joke. You might be soya sauced)

Come two more days, 7th of June to be exact, my essay on ‘Beyond P. Ramlee’ is due. Damn, I haven't even picked the subject name yet. How the hell in the world am I gonna attach at least 300 words to that?

As bad as it is sound right now, my heart jumped on me and shouted, “get it done!” but my head asked back “How?”

Good question.

So I did what my head asked me to do – I bought a CD – supposedly to serve as a much-needed inspiration for me.



How in any Goddamn ways this Usher CD will help me finish the article about possible substitute to Malay-entertainment-industry legend?

Great question.

I guess I wouldn’t know now.

See, without wanting to go on dignifying my procrastination nature here, let me say a few words about this new great CD from one of my most favorite male singer.

I have always been a huge fan of this very talented guy. He rocks, he croons, he dances like there ‘s no tomorrow (I’ll sent the cheque tomorrow, Paula). I simply at awed how this dude would just decide to play in studio one day, out with an album the next day and voila! Go on and ship 9 million albums within the next 12 months. Is he a miracle worker or what?

This time around, his album came out hot in the trail from that destined-to-be-the-biggest hit of the year - E=MC2 a couple months ago and that’s probably explained why there are some tracks here quite a carbon copy of those from that Mariah’s. Hot tracks like sure-fire-hit ‘Love in the club’, slow burner ‘Love in the club II’ and club banger ‘This ain’t sex’ are sure will be burning all top song charts all over the world soon.

But my most favorite of them all gotta be finger-tapping, soul-laden, let’s-make-love song ‘Something special’. It’s so U.s.h.e.r R.a.y.m.o.n.d to the core and that’s the one I love. I know they are other tracks that created buzzing all over US radio right now but nothing beats this solid old school R&B sound on Usher.

To me, in gangster, hip hop, R&B world Usher is king. His smooth silky voice suited fine with making-babies slow jams and gel greatly will club banging shout outs. Though some people might have mistaken him for other R&B male lead wannabe, former boyband (people that are blind, that is) I’d take Usher any day. He’s more convincing, a lot more talented with better abs.

Wait, can I pick Usher to be my subject for ‘Beyond P.Ramlee’ project article, Can I? Can I? Hate me so much Hasmiron cause I don’t see any rule saying otherwise, do you?

Excellent question. Now who’s gonna answer that?

4 comments:

looka80 said...

i just love usher's music video 'love in the club'. hot! and the dance was absolutely superb. i wish i cld move like that.. go figure! mus jom gi clubbin'... 8-)

ZaCk said...

wah!! nak menang nampak!! u only deserve the MYR 50 voucher okey!! hhe...nway good luck!!

Mus The Great said...

look80,

JOM!

Zack,

Thanks Zack, good luck to u too!

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Aku kan Mus... Dapat voucher RM50 pun dah oke... Dapat la be spender kat SOGO. Spender DIESEL skang ni pun dah mahal...

Eniwei, If u want to know more on my cupcake, visit la my blog.
Thank you.