Sunday, August 17, 2008

Micheal And I

Who is Micheal Phelps?

Dumb question, I know - unless you were trapped in some time continuum, more people in the world know him by now than let's just say, Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan (and I bet Micheal didn't even try 'that' hard to be in the news)



Yes, that Michael, the one who swims like a fish (a really fast one!) and collects Olympic gold medals like anyone who collects stamps!

Being an avid swimmer myself, I couldn't help but wondering what could he be doing more than I do, that I could never be as good as him. It's hurtful to watch him on the podium 8 times, while I just get to watch him on TV at home, wearing nothing but my XXL swimming trunks.

What was his motivation? Was it fame he after? His love for his country? Million dollars reward promised by US government? Or was he simply loves collecting metal things?

You know what, I should be in that podium too. I want to make my country proud. I want to prove my sceptics wrong and live up to to the true meaning of the cliche' "God has plan for everybody but you have time to change it".

OK. now I know what I really want and why I want it, but you think I still have time?



I think I do. I bet Micheal would think so too.

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

can't remember when was the last time i went to this pool. is it still RM1.50 for the entrance fee?

looka80 said...

mus - way to go! on your mark - BANGG! see u at the podium dude. 8-)

Life's Like That said...

XXL swimmin trunk? wah!!

Mus The Great said...

arenaku,

Nope...seakarang dah RM3.00..mencikk

Sham,

YEZZZ, see me in London 2012

Shane,

Yes i am wearing XXL trunks...all the way..mencik