Sunday, August 3, 2008

Things That Are Rare

I love Sundays ‘cause it means I got to hang out with my friends. It’s probably the only day in a week that people really spend for their loved ones and friends. And since I gave ‘Sex in the City’ a miss in my weekly weekend movies marathon, I decided to re-live my very own ‘Carrie Bradshaw’s Circle’. So we had breakfast.




It has been a while since the last time I saw Heman dan Amir so I was really looking forward to see them again yesterday.

Whenever I meet them, I can’t help comparing myself to them - gaining or losing points on that private little scoring system we all have to measure ourselves against the rest of the world. I know I shouldn’t do this. It is so often ends with my self-esteem spread in a thin layer all over the floor.

There are so many great things going-on in their life lately that I could not help but being a little jealous (I am creeping off humbled to the core but I am really happy for them). We talked about a lot of things but it wasn’t so much of what have been talked (gossiped) about but it was the time that we spent together. Times like these are rare.



People said when you had a big fight with one friend, you’d unintentionally ‘break up’ with everyone else around him as well. No matter how well you got on with the other friends it’s rare to be able to keep in touch with them after that because there are too many loaded silences and divided loyalties.

But not with Heman and Amir. They never come in between with anything like that. They are the real friends who know what loyalty is all about and that’s what I love about them.

Friends like these are rare. Really.

3 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

hi herman, hi amir! and who's the other one, mus?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mus, it's sure good to hear that there still a few good friends around you, may not know you in person, only by name from Rudy, here just wishing you all the best in life, don't compare other lifestlye and comfort with yours as what others have doesn't mean it's good for us too, hope to meet up with you when Abang in KL, take care

Mus The Great said...

arenaku,

New friend of us, Rick.

Abg Rosli,

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. Hope to meet up with u too. i've heard a lot abt u too from Rudy.