Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Name Ain't Bob!

It was a long, tiring weekend, but it wasn’t exactly a sucky one. Yeap, I had to “work” - or as my envious friends unfairly construed “go-for-holiday-and-get-paid” work - but I ain’t complaining.

Truth is I don't mind public criticism.

If I spend too much time thinking about the people who dislike what I do for living, I’m doing a disservice to the people who pay for my holiday, um, salary.



With this spectacular view, who's complaining?

And I’m not like one of those needy people who always on the look out for gratifications and public validations. Believe it of not, for the most part I am quite content with everything that has turned out for me, so none of that scanty remarks really bother me.

So yeah, I do feel blessed. Despite all the horrible things that happened or talked about me lately, my self-esteem seemed to be at all time high. I thought there was nothing could bring me down.


And then comes March.

O Y’know, that I-am-gonna-lose-30lbs-by-March-2009 vow. That stupid March vow I made few months back. Now people are asking. They remember.

“How’s that goal of yours coming along? Cause ,umm,I really don’t see the difference?"

Instantly I vaporized them with my gamma ray gun and sped off. OK, so I lied and failed miserably but hey at least I “tried”.

Anyway, I think anyone can be beautiful if they convince us they are. Look at Madonna – she’s got a gap in her teeth, but if she had no front teeth she would still be beautiful. Does being sexually attractive - being "not fat" –make you gorgeous? Or am I mistaking ‘not fat ‘for beauty?

I’m not vain, but yes it hurts me over the years when people call me fat or even “Bob”....erghhhhhhhhh…

But I am not gonna drown in self-pity and wail. It’s great to be me. Cause you know what, I am awesome! I have a job that pays to go for holiday. So screw March!

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

"...at least i tried"

why i didn't I feel convinced? speedo je kau kan!!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. it's not all about being sexually attractive or non fat darling.. it's about being healthy.. :)

fat and healthy is good..
fat with tooth n gum problem, knee n ankle problems.. that is bad.. hehehe..

love u mus! always..

Mus The Great said...

Miron,
I did try tau..sumpah!...huhuhu

Rina,
Though u might be right but i choose to be "economical" with my effort to lose a few pounds, bley?...luv ya 2 dear!

looka80 said...

mus - why dont u set a new goal then? im sure it'll work this time around... huhu.