Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Step Up!

If there’s one thing - and only one thing - I could have changed about myself (see, I am not perfect); is to read more. Seriously guys, I can barely flip a page without any word of “gadget”, “year-end sale” or “sex” plastered all over the cover. OK fine, I prefer pictorial type, so sue me!

A couple days ago, in a hot pursuit of bestest deal of 30-cents-cheaper instant noodle in Carrefour Ampang, I found myself in seventh Heaven. It seemed like the angels were singing to me. I finally saw the light.

SALE! ALL BOOKS FOR RM5.90

Like a moth to the flame, I was ‘hypnotized’; succumbed to the greatness of these two magical words; “SALE” and “RM5.90”. The fact that the word “BOOKS” was also in between of those two other words escaped me. Curiosity got the best of me but still, not wanting to end up spending my hard-earned ringgit on yet another Cash-Converter-bound items, I set a simple-yet-attainable ground rule – Must.Have.Free.Gift.

After 30 minutes of hard work of digging and shoving, I finally unearth a treasure, a book titled 'Every Step Counts' completes with, wait for it, a pedometer.

Pedo what? Good question. Now that you asked.



“This could be it”, my first step in the path of Greek God glory. The vision was so clear I went straight to the cashier and paid for my potential eternal happiness.



At home, I right away tried the pedometer. Fastened it on my waist, I took my first, baby step and the reading immediately clocked 00001. I almost jumped in excitement. “This thing really works”. There’s something about this thing that screams, “Step up or step OUT!”.

I never look back. For me the journey already began.

So for the past 3 days I have been hanging this pedo-tastic-meter on my belt, it’s cramping my style, but man, it feels good.

And just for your own education and….mine, here’s the current tally;

Day one: 005013 steps
Day two: 007142 steps


Ultimately, my target is 10,000 steps per day.I guess, it’s time to step up the game….

And Oh, about the book.....

5 comments:

Mat`amiT said...

wow, a real pedometer...wonder where to find other than need to buy with the book

ukanera arenaku said...

hehehe, taknak cakap banyak. all the best k!

princess reena said...

Mus, aku nak jugak satu!!!

Life's Like That said...

and wat about the book, Mus?

Mus The Great said...

Mat'amit,
This thing can be bought in any sport and health clubs/shops...melambak..even in some Ipod and Nike products

Miron,
Thanks dude!

Reena,
beli lah satu...i am addicted to this thing lah..huhuhu

Shah,
I'ven't even flipped the first page yet..camner?..huhuhu