Monday, April 27, 2009

"That Man Could Have Been Me!"

A 30-year-old man was pulled out from under a giant pile of books that had collapsed on him, but he died shortly after being rescued. The pile fell on him as he lay in his bedroom and according to police, the weight of the papers muffled his cries for help. He died on Sunday.

The police said they had to use an axe to smash the door of the bedroom because the collapsed pile blocked their entry.

I know a couple weeks ago, I lamented the fact I didn’t read enough, but now, this is getting ridiculous. For the past two weeks I bought 10 books. Oh yeah, I asked to read more NOT to buy even more book and pile them up on my bedside table to someone’s impending demise.



Buying books has now become my latest obsession. By obsession I mean an uncontrollable urge to appear a scholarly pipe-smoking to my friends, in hope my gulliable friends will assume I wrote all the books in my shelves - that I was once named Sophie Kinsella.

And for the past two weeks seeing my room litters with unread books , enough to fill up “I-am-a-dork’’ section in the MPAJ public library, gives me unnamed pleasure and raised a trivia on the same time;

Where on earth am I gonna find time to read them? Well.....


On vacation is one of them.



Oops did I say vacation?..again?...gosh, I hate to brag but I sorta did. Oh well, here’s come the customary photos for your jealous eyes.








So while other people busy froliking on the beach and drying out in the midday Sun, I, for a change, buried myself with a book. I managed to finish one non-pictorial-whatsoever small book in merely three days (instead of, urm, forever). Yippee - quite an achivement if you ask me, considering my short-as-Dory-the-fish span of attention and never-been-kissed by a book’s history.



Erm, on the last count, I still have 9 to go. Now that I am back, looking at them makes my head spins.

So when’s next?

Gee, I used to read a book before I sleep, but they gave me nighmares. Shiver.

3 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - sentapppp! canteknyer tempat tu. katne ek? r u sure PD has that beautiful and serene resort? mcm tak caya jer...!

ukanera arenaku said...

what? PD? again?
hehehe

Mus The Great said...

Sham, Miron,

This place is truly a hidden gem, we should check it out sometimes....huhuhu