Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mus Lawless

My head was whirling. This afternoon, exactly 1.30 in the afternoon, as I was digging up my wallet at the ATM, I shockingly realized, I have been on the wrong side of the law for past three months!! I mean, looky here.



I can’t believe how can I forget to check the expiry date on my driving license every two days or so. Who doesn’t do that? Now, I feel like a prison state bound outlaw or murderer or something. I am not kidding, because the only way to get caught without valid driving licence is to have a road block for every 20 yards. And what are the odds? Now with RPK and Bala are running loose, pretty damn good if you asked me.

So I tried to focus on the task in my hands, half-heartedly giving myself a pep talk. Oh well, I thought, just go get the damn licence renewed, I mean how bad could it be ?

(Roll eyes) I knew nothing, didn’t I?

Two hours in the packed, sweltering lobby later, after checking my FB for kazillion times, my number, (three million and two) finally was called.

"Nak renew lesen”, I told the tired looking man in charge simply.

"Hari ni tak boleh, Isnin sampai Jumaat, office hour sahaja”, he said sharply, stingingly and without looking at me. (He was busy counting money)

"Tahu tak mana cawangan lain yang terdekat?”. I asked again, struggling to contain my utter displeasure (disgust) with his attitude.

"Tak tahu”. He simply shrugged, as if I was his long lost illegitimate son trying to milk his money and calling him daddy.

For a brief moment I entertained the thought of killing him and shoving him in my car’s trunk, but I realized I’d probably need a licence for that too. I shook my head in exasperation. It was amazing that no matter how black my mood already was, something always came along to make it even darker.

Is being rude necessary to those people who asked you nicely, or when well in fact it is your job promises to give an exceedingly good customer service to those who matters the most, especially in my goddamn hour of need like this? Some nerve!

As I drove home (illegally, of course) my resentment towards that no-good, awful rotten stinky troll was boiling. If only this was backwater, lawless country....

1 comment:

Zetty said...

kot aku la kan...sure dah ada casualties kat situ hari tu. tahapa2 ok. malas giller jawab 'tak tahu' jek.