Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Can't Feel My Leg!

I was in full panic mode this morning. While having a hearty breakfast with my sister, I shockingly realized, something was amiss, I couldn't feel my left leg, especially in the upper thigh region.

In a perfectly normal circumstances I wouldn't likely tend to rub my own porky thigh in public, until this morning where I got a sudden urge to dust the crust of the "remaining" of the aforementioned breakfast on my lap. And then there it was as I poked it several times and it felt....nothing.

To tell you the truth, it wasn't so much felt like pins-and-needles you get usually arises from sitting cross-legged for hours but more like abnormal prickling-like sensations often described as "feel-less pain" right after you undergoing anesthetizing procedures for molar retraction. Now how can you honestly tell me, I shouldn't be worried and this was nothing?!

The minute I got home, I rubbed all sorts of ointments on the affected area (times two) and hoped for the 'miracle' to work but nope, nothing seemed to work. All I got was oily, minty thigh.

Then I ran to the nearest cyber cafe available and I googled the symptoms on the Internet and immediately ran into all sort of causes from Alcoholism to Leprosy, which made my heart pounding even more violently as I never thought I should've checked the list of 3 millions causes of numbness before. I was literally in tears. Now I feel numb around my eyes, hopefully from constant outburst.

As I type this, the feel-lessness on my thigh still linger and I really don't know what else to do.

People who know me, knows that, I don't get scared easily. I'd make Atilla The Hun like a headless chicken. But this is too much. I know I am not an overreact hypochondriac Drama Queen this time. I am just worried, probably not more than Brad Pitts getting his first breakout. But this is a 'life-changing' experience for me and I am sure It was quite a 'life-changing experience' for my sister too! I tell you, it was quite a scene in the restaurant this morning (sorry sis!).

God knows I need to feel my left thigh again.

Note: Much later, it turned out, it was really an acute case of Overreact-Hypochondriac-Drama-Queen syndrome after all, as everyone expected. I am fine, I just can't help being a clinically challange, psychologically damage person that I am. And being on the heavy side a bit didn't help too.

No comments: