Monday, March 8, 2010

I Don't Remember Seeing Him

I hate having to come for training during weekend. Waking up as early as 7.00am on Saturday morning was like a military campaign. Why there’s a need to spend a full 8 hours of futile boredom on the I-care-for-nothing day?

And the rest of the participants weren’t particularly discreet about our displeasure either, so the trainers promised a shorter hour while doing a really 'fun stuff’ together. (Snort, after discussing the whole economic impacts on Iceland for 2 days straight, what could possibly be more fun thing to do today? Would boiling family pet be next?)

So I sat serenely (half-asleep) in the corner, disassociating myself from the unearthly clamors around me. I need my sleep. I need my sleep. I chanted loudly to myself.

I didn’t expect any intrusion, but then there this one participant came to me unannounced. I was alarmed. Gee, I hoped it wasn’t about my nasty remark about his stripe shirt over morning tea break yesterday.

"Mus, semalam ko kata ko Sekolah Sains Muar kan?”. I nodded, a little surprise but swollen with self-important.

"Ko kenal adik aku, Taib Tariq kan? He just told me about your dirty little secret”. He chuckled and seemed quite devilishly pleased.

I was unmoved. Being a perfectly normal, hot-blooded teenager many years ago, I could have done a million and one things that I probably wouldn’t be proud to admit now, but hey, that’s just that.

In fact, I assure you, I do not have any problem when someone, somehow knows a little bit about my past. I have nothing - seriously, completely hideous - to hide. I’m not a psycho who pulled the legs off ants as a child, nor do I have any outstanding arrest warrants, so like I said, I wasn’t particularly concerned.

"He told me what everybody called you back then. Pretty nasty nick huh?”. I felt the blood seeped from my ears. He just made a pretty irreversible, unforgivable mistake.

I swear I couldn’t remember a thing what happened after that. Only that, it was the last time, anybody ever heard about him, ever, again. *Shrug*

And Oh! The class went really, really well.

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

omg, kau jumpa abang si taib tariq? serupa, tak?

Zetty said...

oh my.
i feel for u mus. that was very uncool for tab tariq to tell his bro abt whatever. and even more uncool when the brother had the nerve the repeat it in front of you.

i guess uncool genes do run in the family.

Mus The Great said...

arenaku> tak serupa...u wouldnt believe it

Zetty> u can say that again...hahah

Unknown said...

encik mus,
is this story true?..yg mana satu mus?..iskandar?..ziad?..iqbal?.. never mind..aku tanya sendiri nanti..knowing them cam tak logic..not to mention why on earth aku nak cerita pasal member aku kat diorang..hehe..anyaway..love ur blog..entertaining

Zetty, thanks :)

taib tariq