Sunday, March 21, 2010

Questions!

It’s official: This was the longest, mind-draining, soul-crushing, back-breaking, totally-overstuffed-and-unnecessary, train wreck they called it “training program” in the whole wide world or at least I ever attended.

How could it not? It was running 14 hours a day for two weeks non-consecutively including weekends in two venues that I swear would make any WW II concentration camp general panting in excitement. It was grand but completely overreaching.

And the torture chambers, or should I call it, classes; they were all long and super boring, kinda like watching the weekly AF concert on rerun. One really needs to have mechanical eyelids controlled by robotic arms just to keep them opened - it’s a cure to the insomniac!

But I managed to “appear” interested throughout the class (good acting skills didn’t hurt!) because I had a plan that worked – I asked a lot of questions. Not that I really needed to know what “quick ratio”, and “Basel II” were, mind you, but snoring loudly in the full view of others wasn’t really the other option. So I shook the foundation of the trainer’s confident and rocked the desk (literally!) all the same time.

I guess I may have disrupted the class a little bit too much to a point, without me realizing it, I’ve became the poster boy of kiss-a** nuisance. I wasn’t aware I was that annoying until I received this from one of the fellow inmates, ahem, I mean, participants.



I folded the note back and passed it to the next person with a wink. And then I made my thank-you note to the sender.

If I don’t ask questions and keep myself awake, my mind would wander and think about:

a) Sleep
b) Food
c) That Glee episode that I missed for this hogwash.
d) The trainer’s hairy earlobes.
e) YOU!

…..a lots.

And I thought that would’ve silenced the sender but no, before long, I heard a loud burst of laughter at the back of the class.

"Yes you, you have any question?,” the trainer looked directly to the source of the commotion with slight annoyance.

Without looking back, I heard the voice muffled a chuckle;

"I am sorry. No. I do not have any question.”

So did I.

No comments: