Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Calvin & Hobbes

Not sure how many of you have been a follower of any comic strip. I have been a fan of 'Calvin and Hobbes' since forever!(now that exaggeration). It's a smart if not intelligent piece of bone tickler!..
Kevin is a everyday 8 years old kid with this imaginary friends Hobbes, a stuffed tiger. Kevin leads a perfectly normal life, but things around him challenges him everyday to make something out of anything so that they are making sense.
It's funny cause we, an adult, always fail to appreciate a little humour in our everyday lives while kid always find every little thing that ever crosses their eyes amusing. I suspect their un-tainted soul able to see things as they are cause they never complicated things like adult love to do.

They see, they touch, they know and learn things with unsuspecting heart and pure thought. I guess the thing I like about Kevin is that is a spoof our adult life. While on the surface it's just a joke about silly and bratty kid, it dares to explore questions that adult even failed to answer. It deals with adult issue sometimes without we ever realising it (it's done with total subtlety).

Kevin reminds me of what I was and what I've become. I learn more now to appreciate a few laugh in between dramas, never stress out over trivial issues and never complicated things than they already are.

Sometimes simplicity is the way go. Life shouldn't be that complicated right?. Maybe a 'simple' life is what I need now.

I've subscribed the daily issue via email, just so u know!...heheh

No comments: