Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bugged!

It was a look of horror. It was a look of disgust. My housemate’s eyes were crinkled, his mouth held tight. Opps, I didn’t expect he came home early that day. He caught me with Kiki and Lulu in our living room watching E!

I, then decided, it was not worth making a big spectacle out of it and so without saying a word, I dragged Kiki and Lulu to my room and closed the door. I heard huffing and grumbling outside but I remained quiet.

" I don’t know what makes he really hates you so much”. I said as I hold both of them close in my arms “but it’s OK, you know I love you”. Immediately I felt warm and fuzzy inside. I felt safe.

O in case you are wondering, Kiki and Lulu are my pillows - my most favorite things in the world.

Till now, I still don’t understand why my housemate mad at me so much. He thought I was being childish and disgusting. He can't see why I am still keeping that beat up pillows of mine after all these years without even wanting to get a new one. Yes, people I can afford to get a pair of new pillows, I just chose not to. These pillows had become part of me now, so much so I even have names for them. They are so huggable, so warm I feel so homey and cozy whenever I am near them.

Doesn't he get it? Everybody has their own favorite things. You know, like favorite teddy bear, favorite blanket, favorite toy or even favorite underwear. So why makes a big fuss about my two quite-innocent, limpy pillows?

Well I may have crossed the line a little there by not washing and cleaning them as often as it should be, but I just hate the smell of detergent on my pillows. It simply takes away the essence of me!

I know it sounds gross, but I like my own smell! it makes me feel safe and calm. I want to feel familiar and comforting.

Is that a crime?

Fine, if he feels so bugged about it then maybe he should give me something else to hug.

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

oh Mus...of all names, u picked Kiki and Lulu? hehehe, I think I've to agree with ur housemate this time. Kiki? Lulu? oh, please...

hehehe, i think it's time for me to pass the 'exotic lad' title to u.

bencoolen80 said...

Mus i pun ada habit cam u...i tak bole tido kalau takde selimut busuk. selimut tu skang tinggal cebisan panjang. i still keep it. No, i dont have name for it.

Anonymous said...

ahaks.. Mus..Mus..

a grown up man but still a child at heart..teheheee..

my kitten's name was lala n tutu.. maybe u shud consider that nick when getting new bantal bucuk.. ;p

looka80 said...

i cant agree more with badril. the names are so pervet-ish... hehe!