Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Sweetness Of Victory

I was not exactly over the moon on this year New Year's celebration. I do not know why. Probably the age thing, I don’t know. For me it felt exactly like any other day. It didn’t feel special. I didn’t feel the connection. The fireworks over KL skyline didn’t even excite me anymore.

So my New Year’s Eve was limited to filling up my car tank, in fear of another possible gas hike and waiting for 30 minutes in McDonald’s drive thru.

Now if you think that I am gonna whine about my non existence celebration happenings or that I am being cursed with non-stop, losing streak boredom, you’d be in for a major surprise my dear friend. I finally won something. No, not the lottery (though it might be nice as well!)

Whaddaya know!!. I was the first winner of Graha Residenku’s Guest of the Year. Wuhooo!!



For those of you who think that I may make the whole things up, please visit:

http://graharesidenku.blogspot.com/

Doesn’t matter the motive behind the award, so long that I won and you didn’t, it feels nice. It was such a great way to start my new year and it has done wonders to my ego and self esteem. I know it’s not like that I was chosen as Time’s Person of the Year or Nobel Prize Peace Winner but it feels more or less the same nonetheless. This could well be some sort of the start of an awesome year for me.

I won’t discuss the criteria and merits of my winning cause it will sure trigger a heated debate (and eventual hatred) amongst our friends but not a single second that I thought I didn’t deserve this. (Ha! Talk about inflated ego!), though probably I don’t have the answer as well!

Anyway, thanks Miron for the recognition. You know I can’t possibly put you to compete with any other people for any award cause it wouldn’t be fair. You are exotic–ly, uniquely Hasmiron, you know that?

You see, winning is much sweeter if you can share it with your friends, what’s more if the recognition is bestowed by your own friend.

Now that beats any fireworks in the sky on the New Year Eve!

5 comments:

looka80 said...

way to go mus... way to go! proud of ya!!

ukanera arenaku said...

don't worry, my friend. for next new year, insya-Allah, lets us all do ur routine creatively. hehehe.

bencoolen80 said...

Congrats!! the first of many firsts in this great year!! your entry on "Walk away" has changed my life in a considerable way. I feel like hugging you o huggable ones.

Mus The Great said...

thanks guys for your kind words...hik!hik!hik!

Wadi: said...

Congratulations Mus and a Happy New year of 2008. Cheers!