Sunday, February 10, 2008

Azril And His Party



What’s with that cheap T-shirt? For goodness sake! You are the birthday boy and you are supposed to be camera ready, like all the time.

Sometimes you think you know a person and then BAM! they reveal something totally incredible that you don’t know what to believe anymore. Like when wrinkled face Azril told me he was turning 24 this month. I know it’s hard to believe (Just look at the photo on the top) but shockingly it’s true.

Gasp!! He’s two years younger than me and I was completely clueless all this while. (Gosh, I really should hang out with my friends more often)

Anyway, lie or no lie, he was kind enough to invite me to his supposedly 24th birthday at his new apartment last Friday night. Honestly at first, I expected nothing less than black ties and glitzy gowns kinda party and boy, was I sorely short-charged!

Instead, to my eventual surprise, the party was thoroughly low-key. I think there were only around 13 of us. (I trust, he got way more friends than that but maybe due to ‘space constraint’ most of them might have ‘missed’ the invitation)

I shall not divulge on the details on itinerary of the event because you see, there were almost, err..none. No games. No stripper. Only us having a few hours of rowdy good times. I tell you we were so loud sometimes someone might have called the police for public disturbance. But how can anyone blame us? Azril was a joy to torment.

It was really a nice little friendly get together after all. The ambiance was right. Mariah Carey’s best-loved hits filled the air in harmony with our boisterous laugh throughout the night, which I like. Cable was out but thank God (questionable) movie was in the house. And the company was simply amazing.

But the real star of the night got to be the food - glorious food, prepared mostly by our in-house Chef Hafez. I simply adore his famous Mee Bandung. Scrumptious. (Pass me the recipe, will ya!)


If chocolate is sinful, this is blasphemy!

I had a whale of time and what a night that was. (For more sensational, true-Hollywood-story type of photos, do visit Azril's blog http://hazriezthehumble.blogspost.com)

I only left after five hours of great fun but never really got the chance to say thank you (or sorry, whichever most appropriate) to the host and birthday boy. Then my hand phone throbbed. The message read:

Hi guys. Thanks for coming. It was a great moment and I will never forget every second I had just now. I do really thank to Allah for giving me the chance to meet and have u guys as my fwens. Seriously I do really appreciate and value this relationship. I love u guys so much!

Aaaaaww….. No, Azrill, thank YOU!

7 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

bestnya... i wish i was there too!

Anonymous said...

Awas kau....

Anonymous said...

Wah!!! Aku sentap nie....sudahnye mengata aku dh ade wrinkle...sentap tau...wah overall ko mencarutkan aku kan...hanjeng!! AWAS ko ye...

reenazack said...

i tot u promised to do strip show, taking off ur fat suit and revealing the true hunky and hairless you, while singing mariah carey song? :P

Hafez Zahruddin said...

siot je. Adakah akan berperang blog? :-P

ukanera arenaku said...

yes... we want war! we want war!
hehehe

looka80 said...

happy besday to azril!