Monday, April 14, 2008

"All My Friends Are Doing it!"

At first I didn’t totally object the idea. I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, me going back to school, exams, assignments and all – it’s nostalgic, it’s exciting. “Come on, all my friends are doing it”, I psyched myself,“so far nobody died of ‘over-learned’, right?” Riiiigght.

Then, the application got approved and I suddenly realized what I have gotten myself into.

The clerk handed me over the file. The news was grim. Alien words like Sunday classes, credit hours, passing marks, were dropping from the sky like molten-lava rain.

O-oh, “I am so not ready for this”. This is the wrong time, and for the wrong reason (All my friends are doing it, pah!). But by that time, I knew there was no turning back.

So I put Whitney Houston’s pick-me-up classic, 'Greatest Love of All' on loop and I have this much to say:

"I will NOT do this to impress my friends or my colleague. I am NOT measuring myself to my friends nor that I am competing with anybody. I follow my own terms and I take no sh** from anyone".

I guess I am just sick with people asking me when I will do that, buy that, have this, just because everybody is having it or doing it. I am doing it my own way and it’s my life, darn it.

That’s why I should be ashamed if I am doing not this not for the right reason, that is for - none other than - me.

Still, I do hope this won’t be like one of my not-so-brilliant moments in the past. I don't have any regret and I won’t be critical for my past mistakes - I have my friends to do just that for me.

All my friends are doing it - let them be.

I just want to get this over with. God bless.

3 comments:

Zetty said...

wooohooo...sambung belajar kat mana beb??

Mus The Great said...

rahsiaaaaaa...heehhehe

ukanera arenaku said...

aiyo... kau mmg big fan of CT kan!
rahsia all the time!!!