Friday, April 4, 2008

Must..get..it..NOW!

Today is a very special day for me. Mariah Carey earned her 18th No.1 Hit on Billboard 100 and destroyed Elvis "The King" Presley's 50 years old record in the process. (Yes, with her first single 'Touch my body", you, boulder dweller!). So I was estatic. Still is. How could I not, hey! it's Mariah!

Usually I hate blogging about my idols - Mariah, Whitney or Taylor. It's tacky for heaven's sake, but this, this I can't possibly keep it to myself. So at the risk of sounding tired, I must tell you - I have spent hours and hours (and a lot of money) lately at the cyber cafe listening to Mariah new singles - over and over again on the Youtube. They have hits written all over them. Simply sizzling hot, sure-fire hits.
My favourite? Gotta be "Bye Bye". A monster, career-defining ballad a la "We Belong together" that really tugs in the heartstring . I am super crazy about this one. A masterpiece of it own class, probably since "Vision of Love" and I can't wait till it is out as an official second single. It's gonna be huge. Mark my words for it.
And so you also probably already knew Mariah will be a mentor and a guest judge on AI on 16th April and she probably will sing "Bye Bye" for the first time live and you can bet I'll be drooling all over the place for that debut performance. That's two weeks away.
Arghhh...this postponing, delaying and waiting business is killing me. Mariah, pleaseeee, out with the album already!! I don't care if your boobs are not fluffy or your hair isn't twirl the way it should be, just get that damn album out! Can you see how ugly it turned out for me now?
Must...get...E=MC2...NOW!

1 comment:

ukanera arenaku said...

yeah, will get mine very, very soon!