Tuesday, May 13, 2008

365 Days

My mom –more beautiful in heart and mind than even in body – once taught me that ‘Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. If you don’t make mistakes, you’ll never learn. But when you do mess up, be the first to admit it. Don’t try to cover yourself. Just stick your hands up and say you screwed up’.

Once in a while, I screw up too. Just like this one – when I forgot to call her on Mother’s Day.

An epitome of pure grace, dignity, respect, a mother’s undying love, a wife’s undiminished loyalty and a woman’s indefatigable uniqueness – that’s my mother.

I know deep in my heart and in my soul I love you and I don’t need another Hallmark-card-money-grabbing day to prove me just that.

From now on, it’s 365 of Mother’s Days for me.

Happy Mother’s Day.

1 comment:

ukanera arenaku said...

yeah, i'm sure u're not afraid of making mistakes but admitting your mistakes, hmmm... anyhow, "there is still room for improvement" for each one of us.