Monday, May 5, 2008

Irreplaceable

Honest, when Hasmiron asked me to nominate and write about Malaysia artiste who, I think, deserves to be called the next P. Ramlee. (P.Ramlee and Beyond Project by Graha Residenku), I seriously had doubt.

I mean this is insane. Our local artiste who is ‘P.Ramlee-worthy’? Who would actually give a long serious thought about that?

(But then again, Graha Residenku never really ceases to surprise me!)

Not only that I think Tan Sri P.Ramlee is irreplaceable I could barely care to know some of our local artiste, let alone their much revered success (feel free to send me hate mail see if I care)

Unfortunately there was no getting away for me. I must show people I care.

So I watched AIM on Saturday night to get an inspiration and to get me all worked up for my destined-to-be-doomed ‘opinion’.

(I’ll spare you the review about the show, since I have nothing much to say considering that much of what I wanted to say probably have already been said before).

But the truth remains the same.

As far as putting the word ‘multi-talented’ to any of these so called next best things goes, we won’t be seeing any replacement anytime soon or - quite possibly - ever will. He’s such an icon, a genius, visionary, beyond-his-time multi talented superstar, a ‘lagenda’, and a massive influence to our small - but not in anyway inconsequential - entertainment industry (phew!). And rightly so no one should actually be compared him.

So this ‘invitation’ came a little too demanding, too weird. It was such a tall order for me

But just for fun of it, and for the fact that I like to mess up with everyone’s mind especially organizer’s, I think I’ll jump in.

Well, who’s gonna be? I guess you’ll have to wait a little longer to find out.

Right now, me think, whoever Graha Residenku end up awarding the RM50 Sogo/MPH voucher to is fine with me cause out of this whole little ‘game’, at the end the real winner here is the caring fan - like you and me.

1 comment:

ukanera arenaku said...

the grand prize is RM500! The RM50 MPH/Sogo voucher is for each finalist, who gets published on, of course, graharesidenKuDOTblogspotDOTcom