Wednesday, November 12, 2008

If Wishes Were Fishes.....

I’ve always felt inadequate when talking about cars - it’s like hearing Lindsay Lohan talking about United States’ foreign policy. Heck, I couldn’t even tell a screwdriver from a screw. I know I am that pathetic. Now imagine my father suffering having me for a son.

So when my vehicle started making a strange noise the other day, like any other hapless lady driver, I sought help from a friend, a self confessed car nuts.



It turned out that the air-conditioning system needed some ‘tweaking’. Phew! While I took a deep breath that it wasn’t something major, I could see my ignorant driving days will be numbered. I want to be ‘the man’. Sheesh, you know what I mean!

There are two ways I can see me handling this ‘shortcoming’ in the coming future while preserving my much-talked about masculinity.

First I could learn all there is to know about cars. Yeap, sign up for auto mechanics class and buy myself a car repair set tools.



Or I could just wish our ‘generous’ government suddenly decided to award me with RM5mil ex-gratia and get myself this baby. O My!



It’s gonna take cash to fill up my tank
So let’s crack open your piggy bank



If there’s one word to describe this car, it’s elegant. And sophisticated. OK, two words. And sexy. OK, three and no more.

If wishes were fishes we’d all have a fry. And what a big, expensive fray that’d be.

No comments: