Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life's A Musical!

And then you twist and shout
For your favorite star
And once you've practiced every step
That's in your repertoire
You better come on down
And meet the nicest kids in town

I broke out into a song this morning in the office.

Yes I am this crazy. Despite the fact I am a grown man in my early thirties, I still pretend I am a teenage superstar a la Jonas Brothers. Maybe some people will find this cute (there are some seedy types out there that'd pay a fortune for this type of thing). Most will find it either sickening or a sign of a deep, underlying mental illness.

But how am I expected to get it together? It's in my DNA, I cannot help it. Singing is my passion and dancing on the street is the only thing that gets me going so far.

And then there lie the problem; the world we are living in now (at least mine!) wouldn’t allow us to be overly goofy and musical. Everything and everyone must be staid and somber in color. Why so serious?

So it’s the ultimate fantasy of mine that we all live in a world that every one of us can lose it up; sing and dance on cue and - God have mercy – in sync!

Watching ‘Hairspray’ the other night for the kazillion times nearly made me shout in a crazy fashion;

“Life should be like this!”



Ah, wouldn’t it be nice and merry and great if all of us can sing and dance and goofy around with out big hair-dos and colorful get-ups like there’s no care in the world?

God! The world would be a much better place….well at least until I break out into songs!

6 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - i feel like singing la. jom 'carry-oke'...!

Mat`amiT said...

mus have though of trying akademi fantasia? one in a million?? mystarz lg???

AFIR HAMIDI said...

hairspray! i loike!

Anonymous said...

mus.. teringat kisah ber"vogue"ing madonna..smsmr.. kau cute la mus !

Mus The Great said...

sham,
Bilanya ko nak join ni? asyik ajak ajer, plan lah.

Mat'amit,
Heheh...kalau aku masuk, ko nak sms tak?

Afir,
Wow, you did?..cool

Hurul,
i havent changed a bit, havent i?

Life's Like That said...

can i join u singin? at least i am a choir-coach now!

tiber2.


haha