Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Plans And Promises

It was a normal, everyday moment; I was talking on the phone with a friend, about nothing in particular, when she mentioned something unsettling. Not earth shattering, not life threatening but still unhappy

“Whatever happened to your plan?”


No matter how she put it, the question triggered a bad sensation. I felt deflated and on edge.

“O that plan. Erm..still in progress”

Even after the conversation moved on, the feeling stuck with me. I know I shouldn’t be bothered by this triviality of everyday concerns but I still feel it in my body and my head. The crummy feeling stays alive.

March 2009. Must show result.

Yeap. I have made a promise to myself to lose at least 30 kilos by next March. You see the promise was made long before Obama and his change came into the picture and I was stupid then.

Now that I am much wiser and Obama won; the message couldn’t be more loud and clear; Change now or forever wish I had.

So the next time I talk about diet and weight, I am gonna actually show some result and then drone you guys on about my ‘secrets’ and ‘success’ until your eyes glaze over. You’ll be putty in my hands. So watch out!

But until then, I think I’ll have a bite.



Cause I know it’s a long, looooong waaaay to go. At least I have plans.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.. adekah aku yg asking u bout your plan? it was just a gentle push.. we are really keen to lose weight this time around u know, so why not invite u to tag along.. that is what friends are for kan..motivate each other..inspire each other gitew..

looka80 said...

mus - at least u have a plan. not like me. i dont have plans, i just do it. huhu.

Anonymous said...

hi mus, everyboby have plans, everyboby have promises, either to others or to oneself, abang wish you all the best in losing that 30 kg. you wanted, but if you don't achive that plan in 2009, no worry always have this in mind , plans and promises is parts of our live to lead a better future, so keep that plans and promises on, belive in yourself and you will achive it one day.

ukanera arenaku said...

lah... reena ke mus? aku ingat tadi si intan. good luck to both of you. insya-Allah...

bencoolen80 said...

Inspirational!!

Noraidalin Buang said...

Bro, sorry kacau your blog. Where can I find that Wendy's besides one I saw somewhere near Jln Sultan Ismail? I forgot the name of the building. Kalau ada satu Wendy's kat JB kan ke best...aku rindu...

Life's Like That said...

ha ha.. Wendy's!! Mus - aku nak pi KL esok neh.. makan kat Wendy's nak?

huhuhu

Mus The Great said...

Reena,
Kata nak jogging last weekend?...nan ado!!

Sham,
Oyeke, whatever works for you. way to go!

Abg Rosli,
Wow, thanks Abg Rosli, but this needs an immediate attention.huhu

Arenaku,
Thank Miron.I know i can count on you for a little pep talk.heheh

Bencoolen80,
Why, thank you!

Noraidalin,
Yg i makan tu kat Jaya One, Pj but i am sure i ader ternampak kat IOI Mall Puchong. Kat sultan ismail tu not sure but JB?Nahh

JM,
JOM!