Monday, January 5, 2009

30 Seconds To Live

I am a nerd. There, I said it. I am wearing big, thick glasses and I can’t seem to grow hair on my head; my favorite TV channels are History Channel and Nickelodean and I think the coolest American Idol ever is Taylor Hicks (OK, now that’s weird!)

So when somebody says I am nerd or 'weird', gee, I am not sure I want to argue with that. I guess I am just proud wearing the badge.

But what I saw on a documentary on History Channel last Saturday was something mind-blowing and life changing. It gave me a whole new meaning of life, as we know it. It really changed the way I perceived things. Y'know, those little things. Like – us.

Not sure you follow? Now just consider this;

If the 4.5 billion history of planet Earth were to be condensed in 24 hours, human existence would only count for 30 seconds.

Wow. Can you believe that? We are just a tiny fraction in the grand scheme of things. I feel small and insignificant. I think we’re should all do. To be clear, I am not talking about damage to the larger systems, I am just saying there is more to life than what we make it to be.

The lesson and knowledge I took in from the documentary were many. Among them; Life is short so live your life to the fullest as if you only have 30 seconds to do that. It really did open my eyes. I want to make a change and leave a legacy to the humankind like solving climate change issues, finding new flu strains or curing cancers when I am gone but for now I want to start small.

Like answering question that haunts many of us, “When we die, how would we like to be remembered with?”

O yes, we all want to be Taylor Hicks, but have we really done something about it?

Damn, I haven’t lived!

6 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - i will always remember u dear....! even now. huhu..

ukanera arenaku said...

30 seconds? oklah, so that all those terhegeh-hegeh people remain insignificant. bygone!

how was the appointement with ur dentist?

Mus The Great said...

Sham,
Wow, yeker sham?...i am flattered.

Miron,
The appointment?saaaaakit maaa.....tobat.

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Hmm, aku sentap dengan kau, tau?
Senyap je. Fine! *click fingers*

Zetty said...

i think the thick rimmed glasses is kinda sexy.

Mus The Great said...

Hafez,
Janganlah sentap. Aku janji aku ajak ko next time ek...huhuhu

Zetty,
Wow yeker Zet...or u just being nice?..heheh..nways Thanks