Sunday, January 11, 2009

Love Songs

Some songs are more special than the others. We’d play them in our car, in our IPod, on our latest stereo system, in our head, over and over again until we suddenly realized, ‘hey, wait, I never really liked the singer anyway’.

Still, we like them better 'cause they are like, telling our stories - talking about our inner thoughts and summarizing our feelings – all in less than 4 minutes. So we’d be obsessed about them and ran to learn all the words and ‘interpreted’ them out loud until somebody called the UN Security Council for permanent sanction.

These songs are special because they were the closest things we get to cheaper therapy – at least we know they are total strangers out there we can “listen” to. They also can be so creepily telling and almost accurate that sometimes we think our life is one big, staged musical nobody cares to see.

Words can be beautiful and songs can be so magical but the gamut of feelings attached to everything and anything to it are simply,well, indescribable.

You're a falling star,
You're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.

And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute.
Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true.
Cause you can see it when I look at you.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you,
You make me sing.You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday.

And I can't believe, uh that I'm your man,
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.

(My Everything, Michael Buble)

Aw, I know I am a mushy, spineless, vomit-inducing, hopeless romantic, but I can’t help it. I am just, erm, well, happy. So what’s more to it?

If you are so naïve as to ask ‘why’, I will answer it, but it is not worth wasting words on.

2 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - ur in love? bless. im so happy for ya..!

ukanera arenaku said...

aiyo... nak orang speku lah tu!!!
hehehe