Thursday, January 1, 2009

For A Happier and Healthier New Year!

In perfectly normal circumstances I do like letters. Especially when there’s the word ‘Urusan Seri Paduka Baginda’ written on it. Isn’t it great to be referred to something or anything at all? You feel wanted - the sense of self-importance kinda attached to it. That is why, I usually welcome them.

But not this one.



Well it happened anyway. On the very morning of the last day of 2008

Now tell me how exactly should I be the least of thrilled to be receiving this; or to completely ignore the bone-rattling word ‘Pakar Bedah’ boldly printed on it? Forgive my remorseless skeptic self and not being a sport but this is simply not how I picture the New Year joy.

Gosh, I guess by now, everybody knows already, 2008 was such a bad year for me – health wise. Things were going down south since after Raya last year. Something’s terribly not right there, to the point that I sometimes think I’d be upsetting the natural balance of things if I didn’t “catch on” anything ever since.

So how did I cope with this little pickle in a butt ? Well, if you must know, I watched 30 Rock Marathon on Star World the whole New Year's morning and finished it off with Ally McBeal two seasons straight on DVD. I was in dire need of consoling. I wasn’t crying - that’s not how I roll – but there’s a sad little part in me keep asking, “Where’s your spine and chord? Stop being a whiner and RESOLUTE!!” Then suddenly I got it all figure out.

This year I am gonna take a special, no, an extra special care of myself. I WILL watch what I eat and WILL exercise a little bit more. And O NEVER forget to brush my teeth regularly.

Lord, I am gonna get through this and hopefully be able to add one more thing in my ‘I Am Awesome‘ book by the end of the year and that is all my resolution this year. Not much, I know, but I am not kidding about it.

Sigh. (I sighed a lot these days, didn't I?)

When you start your New Year this bad, things couldn’t get any worse, right?

RIGHT?

O Give me a break!

8 comments:

ZaCk said...

Happy New year Mus!!

Semoga ceria-ceria selalu, dikurniakan kesihatan yang bai dan dimurahkan rejeki..

Amin..

reenazack said...

sakit apelak pulak mus...
sian... my jogging invitation still open, u know.. happy new year Mus!

Wadi: said...

Dear Mus,

Happy Gregorian 2009 Year!

I always believe you have the charisma and strength to achieving your endeavoured dreams. May Allah bless you with success, rahmah and beautiful life in 2009!

Cheers
Noris

ukanera arenaku said...

degil kan... berbuih aku dan fezal suruh kau gi for second opinion kan! hehehe. all the best in ur undertakings, k!

bila nak pulangkan ally mcbeal? it's my turn nak bergelak2. hehehe

Mat`amiT said...

go mus go...dgr lagu eye of the tiger...nk nyanyi sini luper lirik

Mus The Great said...

Zack,
Thanks Z, lama kita tak jumpa kan?

Reena,
One of these days, i promise

Wadi,
O many thanks for your kind words dude!

Miron,
Waa...nantilah...give me another couple of months..hehe

Mat'amit,
kat karaoke kita nyanyi sama lagu tu..ahak!

AJ said...

Allah...lambat lg ko kan Mus nak ikut aku n kak rina pi berjogging kan.

Anyway, Selamat Tahun Baru tau...

looka80 said...

mus - happy new year! wishing u the best of health in 2009. 8-)