Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diva Intervention

All my friends know how obsessed I am when it comes to Mimi. No kidding. I mean who else would buy several of her brand new albums and put them on in his car, at home, in his bedroom and another in his office?

And remember every single word in her every single song including The Remix Album and Glitter? (small font is not unintentional)

Went completely ballistic when anyone with an IQ dangerously below 20 tried to compare the incomparable Queen Mimi with Miss no-talent Leona Lewis?!

Madness. Not my finest moments but deep down I know all my times sticking up on her will pay off someday (Oh God, please!)

So, I guess it would be quite unsurprisingly redundant if I say I managed to watch her new, critics-darling movie, ‘Precious’, which I think most probably wouldn’t see the light of days here in Malaysia.



This vision brings tears to eyes, alright!

It’s a story about an overweight and illiterate 16 years old teenager, Claireece ‘Precious’ Jones, who was raped by her own father and now is pregnant with her second child.

It was a very, horribly depressing movie, I know. But luckily it only lasted less than 100 minutes and there were a lot of dream sequences, and unexpected social humors in it, so basically, I could barely survived watching in full. And of course there’s Mimi in it. Duh.

I have nothing much to say about the movie, except it tore at my soul watching it and I was deeply disturbed by the sad and horrible way life treated the main character.

Surprisingly, instead of going down with the way of tragic ending like any other movie would do, you know, to milk shamlessly on our tears, ‘Precious ‘ showed greatness in spirit that came through in her simple way of seeing the world around her. It has a feel-good ending, which methinks is refreshing.

The strength of the movie of course was the superb acting performances all around by all the casts especially you-know-who.

And yet I can’t stop without saying this; despite all the terrible, unspeakable horror that happened in the movie, nothing can match the pain and agony like seeing Mariah without her make up on.

That’s what I call a real Armageddon-ish, Greek Tragedy on 10 of richter scale!

You do not see that everyday!

2 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - ko tengok precious katne? bestnyer.

Ginger said...

Pariah Scary's new album SUX ASS big fuken time! so bad she had to release a remix album 2 seconds after the original album. the albums (BOTH!) have LAME AZZ written all over them. i'd fart in more melody than she sings.

and dont get me started on the album cover. this would be the gazillionth time she & her titties make a cameo on her album cover looking like that! lol she's perfecting the pose as much as the artwork photoshop editors are perfecting her 50lb thinner look.

on the other hand, Leona Lewis's new album ROXXX...
oh boy, Pariah must be shitting butterfly-shaped poop in her hello-kitty bed. we all know how much li'il miss moo moo hates competition.