Friday, January 22, 2010

Hey World! I Am A Moron!

Let’s backtrack a little. Exactly one week ago, as reported via my FB status, I twisted my ankle real bad. The kind of ‘bad’ that left dear ankle swollen greatly, it beyond recognition. I thought I fractured a bone or something but it turned out I just tore my ligamen in the region. So the doctor gave me a truckload of pain killers to last a week and a motherly good ol’ advice - Be careful next time and try to look straight ahead when walking.

Good advice.

Looking at the circumstances, you’d think I repented and mended my way, but Nooooo, Mr.I'm-A-Superstar-So-I-Have-To-Walk-Like-One never takes advice from anyone, not even a constructive one. So I deserve to be miserable and suffer. I am a pathetic failure of a man!

Yesterday, I twisted my ankle YET again. The same ankle. The very same foot. And you’d think that was punishing enough. Wrong! It got worse. This time, it was more like a spectacular event of the year. It couldn’t happen in a more appropriate ‘arena’. I tripped over an invisible log and fell flat-on-the-face....in my office lobby....during lunch hour.......in a full view of the entire organization’s community !!!!

The whole lobby was filled with my howl.

Suddenly I felt I was like in a stage, all blackened out with only one light in the center. Me. The trippy, overweight, off-balance loser!!!

I hunched over and brought my hands up to my face, cupping it, as if I was drinking water from a stream. I couldn’t walk , I couldn’t even stand! How could I? I had an audience, for God’s sake!!

How did my life take such a dismal turn? What did I do wrong along the way? My feet were too small to support my belly. Or I lacked the ability to support my big belly in the required way. Whatever it is, it sicken me.

I am on MC to today, not only to recuperate from the swollen ankle and from the bruised ego but to think over what I have done to me and my life so far, that I deserved to be this pathetic!

1 comment:

Xpin said...

Sian u... Get Well Soon