Sunday, January 17, 2010

God, Please Let Him Be Wrong

I probably shouldn’t have mentioned this, but yes, I have been bobbing up and down the threadmill at my office gym for more than three months now. It’s sorta my new year’s resolution this year, to –surprise,surprise- lose some weight.

And yes I only go to my office gym, because it’s nearby and convenient. I can go and work out during lunchtime or even after office hour. Alright, plus it’s free. And let be honest, I’ve never understood the concept of paying hundreds of ringgits to an expensive lifestyle gym just to sweat (I can even do that in my bedroom!). Not only does it get super crowded during peak hours, you probably have to wait a lifetime (or two) to get on the treadmill. And the air inside is, Sweet Lord!, stale and fetid too.

So there you go. I thought I have everything down pat, all of them in place with absolutely with no cost. I was even beginning to feel a little different. I was pumped up. This year, this time, this could be it. I never felt so good and so sure about myself before.

Then someone had to ruin my party and attacked me with these vicious words, clocked under the pretext 'friendly banter', which I didn't find it amusing at all.

"Wow, Mus, have you gained weight?”, chuckled annoyingly,“What happened to your so-called New Year's resolution? Given up already?”. More chuckled, more annoyingly.

What?

I understand, between friends, banter and apparent rudeness are often ways of expressing deep attachment. You hear friends explaining to other people outside their group, that they can only be so rude to each other because they love each other. And we do love a briliant barb. But I, for one, believe banter has to exist within rules. Especially when it comes to my constant personal struggles.

Am I really gained weight? After all those odd hours at the gym? Am I not doing it right? God, Hope I am not! He’s probably just jealous because I finally decided to do something about my waisline and he, well, is not. So I am gonna let that off-putting remarks to slide and surely I am not gonna dignify this with a whole post. And of course I am gonna be sure as hell gonna be alright....in a day or two.

I have far more frightening thing to worry about.

The only thing that far worse than what he has just said, is probably.......he was saying the truth after all!!

2 comments:

Xpin said...

Mus,
check back how u execise. Jgn threadmill jer.Angkat2 berat tu pun perlu. Itu akan naikkan metabolisma. Sometimes u exercise, u akan nmpk besar because of the muscle. I penah baca somewhere... tapi tak ingat.. google how to exercise the rite way...
Good luck

princess rin hani koma said...

its ok mus, keep ur faith strong! i know u can do it!:)