Saturday, June 12, 2010

Because I Can

People asked me why I rarely talked about other people other than myself in my blog - to which I, egotistically yelped, “Because I can”. Well, as moronic as the question was, I just have this one thing to clear up; the blog is called Mus The Great for no other reason other than to serve my ego.

Plus, if you want to talk about other people you’ve got to be willing to offend, unintentionally or not, because whatever you say or write here will tend to be misinterpreted or taken out of context.

Still, once in a blue moon, I can’t help ranting about someone I know on this page - again, like I said - because I can.

There are a lot of things going on in my life lately. So much dramas and in-fighting around me. Honestly I am still trying to figure out what true friendship is, and it breaks my heart to see my friends going through some dark places in their life. I wanted to help, I just don’t know how.

You see, I was torn. I don’t want to be in the middle of things and irrevocably make it even worse. Or maybe secretly I hoped it’ll heal by themselves. So I just mugged it up.

I'm one of those people: I'm tired, I'm not that ambitious anymore. So a moment like this will come up and I'll just play my invisible role and do my best to stay out of it. Maybe it goes exploding on my face, but I don't take responsibility. I just walk away from it.

I spent a lot of time when I was younger dissecting other people’s problems and, going: "Oh, maybe you shouldn’t have done that, what if you had done it this way," to the point where, just for my mental health, I had to stop. I was very critical. It drove me nuts.

Driving home at the end of the day yesterday however, I was like, "Oh my God, I am an awful person. I should at least acknowledge their problems. I should have listened to them more. They are my friends. dammit."

Try to think about it; They have a big enough ego, yet they're willing to go out and also be vulnerable enough to fail in front of you. The least you can do, is to be there for them. And I should listen and be there for them now not only because I can, but because it's the right thing to do.

2 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - i hope u can be my shoulder to cry on dude. 8-)

Mus The Great said...

yes I CAN!