Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gives You Hell

After all those years of getting pushed around by people who thinks they are better than me just because they're “less curvy" than I am, today I got news for them - unbelievably, super-exciting, awesome news;

I lost a kilo! Yeah!

Oh my God! I cannot freaking believe it! It feels as if I just found the cure of cancer or discovered a new continent or both. I feel so light, so up in the air like.....like a bird’s feather or H1N1 virus or something. Okay, not exactly true. I was being dramatic a bit, but I am definitely ready to move up a notch on the totem pole of our shallow, superficial social rank.

Maybe, a kilo lost, to other people, isn’t something remotely worth telling Oprah or Ellen about. You would probably say, 'Those people in 'The Biggest Loser' lost almost in 8kg in a week! And that IS news”. Okay, let’s being realistic here, people, I will never be able to lose that much weight in that short time period, not even if I eat nothing but nails; nor will I subject myself to that insanely torturous training with that equally insane, torturous muscular woman trainer. But, a kilo lost is still a lost, right?

I know my mom wouldn't be so hot on the idea. She hates to see me lost my "curve”. In fact, the other time she made me promised up and down, that I wouldn't do anything stupid like, chopping my limps or chugging a pack of nails to lost weight. For her, human’s overall health and well-being is solely depended on our ability to stock up fat in our body to keep us warm. Oh my, I seriously think my mom is mistaken the human’s anatomy with that American grizzly bear’s.

But today I wouldn’t want to worry her with this petty stuff, she has another, more important thing on her mind. My sister just delivered a healthy, beautiful baby boy. I can't wait to come home, see the baby, and hold him in my soon-to-be toned arms. I kinda promised myself I wanted to set a good, healthy example to my nephew. No more bad food, no more bad choices in my 'physical activities’.

Now, between my mom and that American grizzly bear, I have to confess the "real” reason why I am all hyped up about this 1 kilo thing is, urm, in point of fact, I really want to please my doctor. No, wait, my health. I need to look after my health! O you know what I mean.

The only reason, I guess, the doctor is on my case about exercise, lose weight and all that, is because she cares about me. (She probably wonders how I would look like if I am trimmer and leaner, like all the time, wink! wink!). That is why; I am going to see her again for the follow-up appointment in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, by then, I’ll be able to lose a couple of kilos more and make all her wishes come true. YES, I can do this!!

And to anyone who wants to be negative and says I can’t do this, I got another news for you, or rather, more like the words from track no 2, off the CD I just bought this afternoon.



When you see my face, hope it gives you hell,
When you walk my way, hope it gives you hell!!

Cause, in a matter of few weeks, you will got nothing more on me!

1 comment:

looka80 said...

mus - i lost about 7 kilos now. huhu..