Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Promise I Won't Bite

There are dozens of things that should upset me more than the introduction of GST by our government or that my car was being scratched by some idiots this morning but, deadly Israeli raids notwithstanding; being lied to several times by someone you consider “friend” really annoys the hell out of me.

Why there was a need to lie to someone when you thought trust and respect were what bonds us in the first place? I am perplexed.

While I am most certainly won’t be sharing any of that intimate detail here, I just hope a logical, reasonable and grown-up explanation that set off the lying from that friend of mine, would come forward to me soon. You know, just for my own education and closure.

I guess the part that hurt me the most was, not only the act of lying itself, it was more on how I perceived on why she compelled to do what she did – she hates me! Yeap, she would do and say anything to keep away from me. That’s how I see it. Why else anyone would commit that friend-averse attitude?

And the other thing sucks real bad was how she lied. The lies were so bad, as if they were all scripted by preschooler, or that she thought I was a preschooler! Is there something she not telling me? Why she risks a friendship by lying to not see me? I am appalled.

If you have something to say to me, girl, well you better say it now. Don’t patronize me. I am a grown man, I can take the truth. In fact, I tell you, I rather take the painful truth, than be treated this way. I don’t appreciate your condescending ways. And please don’t tell me craps like 'we don’t want to bother you’ or ‘we thought you were checking in the hospital’ cause it doesn’t work with me anymore.

Not cool.

Yes, some of my friends are really loveably annoying. They like to pretend they like me when sometimes they don’t or they are being nice to me just because they have to (Yes I do have that clinical complex to be liked by everyone). But please, I also know that I am not perfect either. I can be annoying sometimes too. So it’s sure nice if, once in a while, a friend would point out that imperfectness of mine to me. Just tell me the truth.

I promise I won’t bite.

3 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - its a love and hate relationship between us dude. lets keep it dat way. haha..

Mus The Great said...

wow so you are really think I was talking about you eh?

looka80 said...

mus - emm. not really kot.. 8-)