Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Silence

“Aku ingat ko takder baju melayu!”

“Ini first time aku bagi ko full mark for dressing for occasion”

“Finally Mus is dressed appropriately!”


I must say those off-remarks completely threw me off. Why would anyone has the slightest notion I couldn’t afford a pair of a decent Baju Melayu. Or for being ‘inappropriate’ all this while for that matter?

Honestly I really wanted to dignify that with an answer but then I decided not to. My conscience was working overtime and I pretended to be unfazed with all the brouhuha. I figured if anything worth an ounce of my emotional outburst, this wouldn’t be it. This is too trivial.



My past experience taught me the more you try to explain yourself to others the more confusing it gets. People will always get the wrong ideas - hormonal people. So it’s just best to keep your two-cents to yourself, smile if you must and walk out with some dignity. You may miss all the fun but the silence is the ultimate wise cracker.

But gee, that somehow didn’t stop me from wondering what the “could have been” answers.

“I am sorry to pop your bubble but…………………”

“Sorry I didn’t dress to your liking before, but I didn’t get the memo…….”

“The same cannot be said about you……”

Wow, that surely gonna blow someone’s stack but at least I’d just being honest….and I didn’t say it out loud!

Or….maybe they were just joking around or maybe they were right (that I never dressed appropriately before) and simply stated the obvious.

Which, in any case I am doomed!

8 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

aku betul2 ingat kau takde baju melayu lengkap or baju batik.

ops, i was wrong then!

u looked sooo Tuan Syed that night!

looka80 said...

mus - u gonna hv to start to change people's perception of u lah dude. huhu. i thot all malays shld hv a least a pair of baju melayu dlm almari kan?

im not malay but i do hv a pair or two. heh.

Mat`amiT said...

rileks ahh mus, aku pn br dpn complete bj raya thn ni, tu pn company sponsor hehehe

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Mus, bukan kau from middle Eastern ke? Mati mati aku ingat kau dari Iran @ Pakistan. Abang kumis gitu.

Lariiiiii...........~!

Life's Like That said...

i agreed. the more u explain about yrself to others - lagi byk songeh. as for me - better keep thgs into perspective.

Mus The Great said...

Guys, glad u guys now clear on the fact that I HAVE A PAIR OF BAJU MELAYU...

But this is not just about baju Melayu. I think you smart guys know what i am talking about..heheh

Life's Like That said...

i aint dat smart - explain pls.

(bley?) huhu

Mus The Great said...

JM,

i'll tell you when i see you...hehe