Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Change We Can Believe In



First up; Nope, I am not a key member in Barack Obama Presidential Campaign nor am I a Democrat supporter. Heck, I am not even an American. So when a friend asked me “What’s with the change?” I said “Why not?” I wasn’t resistant to change. I was just being cautious.

Despite of what some people might lead you to believe, I easily get bored – with anything or …even anyone. (I swear I have an interest lifespan of an insect!). I am not sure either if this is an in-born thing or a psychological thing, but I like to see some variations in my life every now and then. (Um, I guess that explains why I used to change my job more than the Thais change their government!)

I believe in life change is inevitable, especially when you usually find yourself in a rut. That’s why I have made few minor ‘adjustments’ in my life lately that I hope could give me a new light, a new perspective about things. Things, as you may think, maybe small and insignificant in nature but I do believe they are necessary nonetheless, at least to keep me sane for a while;

1. No more dinner/ no meal after 7pm. I have now gained enough weight to topple a pregnant rhino. (urghhh!)
2. Called my mom three times a week instead of once a week. I’m a momma’s boy alright! Deal with it!
3. Replaced my bed sheet with a new one, before it’s taking the life of its own – not that it’s never happened!
4. Changed my political belief. Don’t we all now?
5. Started looking for a new apartment – after that ‘dogs in an elevator’ incident.
6. Put aside RM100 every month for rainy days.
7. Changed my blog skin – Don’t think I didn’t know you had enough of Taylor Hicks!

Talk about ‘had enough’, at least one thing is imminent - my boss is currently contemplating over career move. I mean seriously. Not really sure why she’d want to do that especially in this trying time but she said she was doing this for her future.

She hasn’t decided on anything yet. She’s still unsure but she’s been with the Bank for more than 10 years now and she said she wanted to move on. Or as she said “I’ll be rotten in the abyss of irrelevancy”.

Maybe she’s right, to change is a huge step and everyone should feel nervous about it. A thing or two I learned about job-hopping is that you do that for your future and not because of money, position or anything else for that matter.

Should she decide to go for it and leave the Bank, I wish her well. And as for me, I will always be ready with whatever changes that lie ahead of me from now on. Isn’t life all about adapting and adjusting? Hence, the saying, the roller coaster rides.

I sure know now, why Americans are anxious to elect their new President next month - They are not resistant to Obama’s Change or McCain’s Reform, they’re only being cautious.

And why wouldn’t they be? It’s their future.

6 comments:

AFIR HAMIDI said...

maybe.... (well this is just my opinion)... they (the americans) can change government like changing wife - hard to do... but at the end still 'manageable'.

but for us - changing the government is like changing baby nappies - easy to do but it requires u to deal with a lot of shits.. and that stinks most of the time.... and sometimes the baby might cry and irritate u to the max.

why?

-too many dirty tricks in malaysian politics- I'M SAYING THIS FOR BOTH PARTIES

and sometimes, we just know how to get on the streets and chant ... but have no idea of what we are chanting about. shouting like mad, hit people like street gangs... talk rubbish, pay people to vote...and so on... but at the end, do we really understand the term POLITIC itself. OR MAYBE politics mean - i must get some money from the government and they should give us - THE 'SO CALLED VOTERS' - anything we want. if not, we are going to get on the streets.

hm....

once u r in the malaysian politics u hve to play with shits; be it in the ruling party or the opponents.

owh well, this is just my two cents anyways....

sorry... :P terlebih sudah

Life's Like That said...

caiyok! caiyok!! caiyokk!! watever it mean. hehe

Life's Like That said...

afir;

i believe dat it ait the politic itself yg smells shait, but those ppl yg in it makes the whole thang shait itself. it depends on the individual.

btw - i supposed ur darn rite.

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Ok... Part tak mau makan lepas pukul 7pm... Err.. Macam dah langgar je pantang tu.

Part anjing dalam lif. Uiks, macam tu punya hal pun ada...

Memandangkan kau tak mau makan pukul 7 malam ke atas, tak jadik le aku nak bawak blueberry cheesecake yang aku lobikan ari tu...

Kecik ati taw...

Hehehehe.

Mat`amiT said...

well, i for one don't like change but rather adding small things to make it more exciting. hmmm ur 7changes sounds familiar mus, were u tagged recently???

Mus The Great said...

Afir,JM
Glad you guys get the underlying theme here...heheh

Hafez,
Nope, you still owe me that blueberry cheesecake!...i tuntut tau!

Mat'amit,
I kinda like the suggestion - adding small things just to make things exciting instead - kinda profound.

Nope, I've never been tagged, sedey kan!!