Monday, October 20, 2008

I Should Have Asked Her!

The time showed 2.55pm on that sweltering Saturday afternoon and I was supposed to meet Amir at Petronas Station Kota Damansara (the one with Maybank and A&W on the side). But he was nowhere to be seen.

I got agitated as I thought I was minutes away from collapsing from heatstroke. And a few exchanged “nasty” messages later I decided it was best for me to just wait for him inside the A&W while having a cold one.

Amir, you’d better be sure where we are going, or you’ll know soon the wrath of one hungry, sweaty man” I hissed.

After waiting more than 20 ‘boiling’ minutes, he finally showed up. He pulled his car, got out and headed towards me chirpily; but just as I was about to share a piece of my mind, he was having a seizure - or at least I thought he was!

“Acha!” “Acha!!”

Puzzled; I was completely clueless of what he was trying to say but I swear I almost thought he was referring to some kind of fruity dish. (But why?!)

And then I realized what made Amir went into a trance! – he wasn’t talking about any particular culinary, it was she! - ACHA SEPTRIASA – just a few feet away from us.

OMG, is that her? Is that really HER?!”

“I don’t know, why don’t you ask her?”

“Are you crazy? She’s with her boyfriend, why would she want to take picture with us…or kissing my forehead, for goodness sake?”

“Nah, maybe not….plus I am not even a fan”

We were just frozen in place while watching her as she passed us by – trying our best not to care. But the ‘little girl’ inside of us screamed “Damn, who are we kidding, the next time you’ll see her again probably in court when you caught trespassing her property?!’

So we followed her to her car. We acted as natural as possible just to make sure she wouldn’t even notice anything remotely suspicious about us. We didn’t want to come out as screaming little girls, do we?

She got into her car and drove away and by golly! We even stalked her for a good 200 meters or so. (Well, until she made a sudden turn at the nearby police station).

Then we decided it was just silly. A few moments of silent and awkwardness later, we were finally realized we were no-balls, star struck fools! We should have just said ‘hi’ to her right away, take a picture or ask for an autograph even and be done about it. But now, all is lost and we are beating ourselves for it, keep asking ourselves ‘what if’ and losing our sleep over it. .

Sigh! Imagine what a beautiful world would it be if I could just post our it-could-have-been picture of us together here.

That surely gonna make someone‘s life a one mean green monster-y misery. Ah.

………But I am not even a fan. I swear!

5 comments:

looka80 said...

mus - me neither! 8-)

Mat`amiT said...

before blogging i met aznil, azwan ali, rizman khusairi (i think that's his name) - didn't ask for photo or anything, malas actually. after blogging met seniwati sarimah & the girl who stared in kisah kaisarah - again did not ask for anything, this time malu plakkk

Mus The Great said...

Sham/Mat'amit,

I never thought I'd be this star struck-ed...now i feel stupid...hehehe

AFIR HAMIDI said...

hehehe next time tak yah cakap ape2 buat bodo je... biar die rasa cam - 'aku star ke tak ni?'

Anonymous said...

actually masa tu semua org ramai2 "ignore" dia pun...aku jer jakun..ahaks!!