Monday, October 6, 2008

To Hell And Back!

Raya this year is a lot of pain and a lot less fun. I guess it's true when people say, when you reached a certain age in life, Raya is just another obligatory holiday people take to clear their leaves. It's no longer a long awaited fun-time like it used to be; um, you know, when we were much younger. At least then we don't have to deal with offensive questions from our intruding relatives...and we get Duit Raya for behaving ourselves.

Which brings me to my next point;

Having a decent conversation with my relatives is (urghh) impossible, it is like taking a slingshot to a pistol duel, only that they armed with remote-targeting orbital lasers, um, I mean THEIR MOUTHS.

But I have long mastered the art of face-saving while being totally polite; I pay attention to the nasty remarks made about my recent surge of body weight. Now, if they tell me 'you are gaining weight', I hiss and try to eat less in my next house, if they say 'why so fat?' I correct their grammatical error. I feel much better after that.

And if you think my misery is over after that, think again misery-guts! Answering the next question is relished as much as getting a root canal.

"So when are you getting married?"

“I read somewhere that there's a one-in-five-billion chance that you'll get hit by space debris…but now I am not so sure anymore!” I baulked

(Multiply that line by a few hundreds thousand times)

I am so tired and bored of all these ruckus on why I am fat and why I am still unmarried that I resolute to please them all next Raya. To lose few pound is easy but to get someone to fall in love with me in the next 12 months? …Well maybe, I just better off faking my own death!

Why do I suddenly feel as if my boat is sinking and someone nailed an anchor to my head?

Gee, I lost my intellectual curiosity just in time

Note: I was writing this post on the 3rd day of Raya, where I spent another 2 days on my bed due to my fever flare up caused by - I suspect - its much depressing topic.

11 comments:

Xpin said...

Mmg tu soalan wajib makcik2 and pakcik2 di kampung. Kita sama jer mus. I pun nk naik muntah dgr soklan tu. Buat bodoh jer...

AFIR HAMIDI said...

hehe... u need to have your own reality show i reckon... how bout "mencari jodoh mus"?

Life's Like That said...

haha.. i know how it feels. trust me - for God sake.. i know how it feels, dammit yeah.

heh.

looka80 said...

mus - i hate when people start askin me that Q. arghh. but im used to it now. huhu. rilex. ur still young dude. enjoy while it lasts. 8-)

Mus The Great said...

Guys,

Thanks for your kind words...i ok jer...it's the "fever" talks...heheh

Anonymous said...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA MUS

Mus The Great said...

Abg Rosli,

Selamat hari raya, dtg Kl nanti, dtg lah raya kat umah

bencoolen80 said...

Mus we're on the same boat and worst still, capsized. arrhghh hate those nasty questions!!

Life's Like That said...

shld learn a thang or two from me then! huhu

Zetty said...

bila kau nak masuk meminang aku ni? baik kau cepat...aku dgr hasmiron dah siapkan rombongan nak meminang aku gak ni.

Mat`amiT said...

aiii
men pn kene tanya soalan camtu? igtkn org pompuan ajer