Monday, September 29, 2008

I Am Not Greek And I Can't Cook!

Berbuka puasa do at Faizal’s place last Saturday was such a big deal for everyone. I kid you not – I had been reminded over and over again through out the week that I almost lost my sense of life purpose. It was such ‘an event to be’ that since Faizal is new to this hosting business, he had to appoint another friend to host the event (talk about big deal!)

And as everyone agreed that this was going to be a potluck thing, I just had to make an unfunny joke about it and announced to the world I would bring my "specialty", passed-from-generations-recipe, much revered; Ayam Madu Oat Ala Yunani (wherever I got the idea!)

O boy!

No, that wasn’t even the biggest joke; the biggest joke was that everybody didn’t get it. They totally oblivious to the fact that I am culinary challenged (or that I just recently discovered fire) and insisted that they would eat a horse if I had it. And it seemed to me they were so taken with my made-up, legendary Greek recipe that they apparently couldn’t wait to have a taste of it. Oh boy, from there on, I knew there was no turning back for me

Truth is, there’s nothing Greek about me, except for, erm my dashingly mediteranean good look.... and the closest thing I get to Greece is owning a DVD; My Big Fat Greek Wedding. This is bad.‘What do I do now?’ ‘What do I do?’

Not wanting to disappoint anyone and since I didn’t have much choice, I decided to play along. I decided to go "Greek".



The real “ayam madu” but I was taking a shortcut, remember? So here’s the dirty, little “secret”;

Ayam Madu Oat Ala Yunani

Ingredients




1 Honeyed, Grilled Chicken (a.k.a Tesco Chicken)



5 tbsp of Oats (Preferably Instant Oats from Tesco)

Blend together

1 Honeyed, Grilled Chicken (a.k.a Tesco Chicken)
5 tbsp of Oats (Preferably Instant Oats from Tesco)

Method



Put the chicken in a bowl and mix with oats
Heat a microwave and put the oats-blended chicken in.

Serve.



Voila. Enjoy this “simple” dish straight from the heart (or Tesco cash register!).

I know writing this is akin to writing my own suicide note, but I guess I owe my friends an apology. Guys, I am so sorry that I am not Greek and I can’t cook. Please forgive me, I mean, O come on, it’s Hari Raya within days, or shall I remind you, the day of forgiveness and it’s not like I put melamine in it, did I?

Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri to all of you and Maaf Zahir Dan Batin.

Have a wonderful holiday everybody.

10 comments:

hurul said...

banyaklah ko punye ayam madu bersalut oat... kekeke.. kretip jugak ek ko mus.. hehehe

AFIR HAMIDI said...

hahaha... selamat hari raya.

Anonymous said...

Mussss, meh dekat sket...senang aku nak lempang muka kau yang chomel tu sekali!!!!hehehehe.. jahatla ko ni.. although i knew something was amiss, i tried not to let u disappoint me, hence ignoring that cheating detector bell that was blasting in the little corner of my mind.. huh!

bencoolen80 said...

yum yum.. nama bukan main panjang tapi nak membuatnyer simple je. cool.

thank for 're-looking' at my blog.

ZaCk said...

simple mmg simple.. tapi... emm..nasib ai tak menaruh harapan nak makanayam ape..yunan u tu...ngan oat.. baik esok aku g tesco bali ayam cicah ngan oat..siap.. hehe..
Slamat ari raye Mus..

izal said...

hahaha tak sempat aku nak merasa ayam oat onani tesco ko tuh...

hanj ko yer!!! pecah lobanggg

Hafez Zahruddin said...

Wahhhhh~! Aku tengok macam ayam berbedak je. Ayam Yunani katanya....

Mus The Great said...

sabar yek semuanya...heheh..selamat hari raya

looka80 said...

mus - mcm x sedap jek? hahahar..

Mat`amiT said...

well at least u did make...mix the ayam madu yunan oat dish