Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Most Popular Guy In The World

Hari Raya is more than a religious holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, it’s also one of the biggest popular contest; Who serve the best rendang? Who got the coolest drape? Who has, ermm, the biggest lemang? and, O, of course the most important question of all;

Who got the most Hari Raya Cards?

That’s right, everybody wants to know how many Hari Raya cards I received this year – yeap, as if my self-worth and reasons-to-breath were very much depends on it (pah!). Well, you know what, usually I don't give a rat's ass about it...but this year, since so many people ask, I might as well tell you;



I was never been the Mr Popular guy nor do I think I will ever be…but seven cards? SEVEN?! This is like the new all-time low! Gosh! I could well be the most un-popular, un-loved, un-remembered guy in the whole wide world right now.

Anyhow (sigh!) don’t be alarm, people; it’s not like the life, as I know it would be over. In fact I think I am quite al right about it. (Looking at the bright side, I’ve probably saved a few bucks on postage and some good papers). It’s just, well maybe, irked me a little bit when my keeping-score friends rubbing their Hari Raya cards off of my face and asked me why all my cards were from the same person. (Hello, are we still in 5th grade?!)

Now, I tried to make peace with the only seven cards I have. I hold them in my hands and savored the moment as if they would be the only seven cards I’d ever gonna get this year (get the hint already, people!). I picked out one card and then slowly opened up the envelope, carefully took out the card and whispered the Raya wishes in it. I thought my eyes were a little misty.

Chrismas Disambut Bulan Disember
Deepavali Pula Bulan Oktober
Hari Raya Bakal Menjelma
Baju Raya Ade Saiz Ke?

Makan Ketupat Bersama Kari
Dipagi Raya Membakar Lemang
Dua Tiga Kucing Berlari
Mana Nak Sama Encik Mus Sorang

Pecah Kaca Pecah Gelas
Sudah Baca Harap Balas

I am probably not the most popular guy in the world right now, but it certainly doesn't feel like I am anymore.

6 comments:

AFIR HAMIDI said...

haha
mus, u can put the blame on e-cards and sms-es!

anyway, my point is.... u got seven man... SEVEN! to compare to my one and only...

huh....SATU... itu pon comes from my dad... ~down~

looka80 said...

mus - i received 4. cool. n of course ur the most popular guy in the world la dude! what la u...
8-)

Xpin said...

Org skrg sms jer la mus... I prefer org jgn bg kad.. Kalu dpt kad, satu kerje lak nk gi carik card, nk reply, nk gi beli setem, nk pos....SMS senang. hehehehe

Mus The Great said...

guys,

now i dont feel as bad anymore...thanks...heheh

Life's Like That said...

mus - worry not. i am facin the same thang too.. if it was not bcoz of the stdnts - i wldnt get anythg at all!!

then again - sms tak sama la dgn kad raya.. bley gtg2 kat bilik, kasik workmate jeles.. huhu

AFIR HAMIDI said...

huh! there you go.... a direct link to my blog. hahaha i have to be very careful now, i guess... lol