Monday, September 15, 2008

Before We Know It....

“OMG, it’s been a year already?”

Sounds like I have just woken up from some frozen ice tube in a bad sci-fi movie. I am not amused.

The worst thing that could ever happen to anyone is when we completely lost track on where has all the time gone. A minute is in a blink, a month is like a flash and a year is like yesterday!

So it startles me a bit to know that my dear Hasmiron, has come home for good. O yeah, the one I sent to the Airport exactly a year ago to further his studies in emmpp…gee, beats the heck out of me.



Picture perfect of a dysfunctional “family” - Zack, Reena and Hasmiron are doing the best imitation of their “best” behaviors.

My weekend was filled with oh-so-not-righteous pigging out and creating ‘public disturbance’ since I was totally tuned up my ‘catching up’ mode. We chatted, showered ‘praises’ to each other while ‘bersahur’ and break fast together - kinda like what we used to do (please, this is not obituary!)

And we planned and planned over the top of other plans on what fun things to do next in the name of what-have-you-been–missing-out-all-this-time. (So next week is karaoke and then ‘bersahur’ and break fast at everyone’s house and such...but tarawaikh was eerily missing!)

Welcome home Hasmiron. I hope you like our ‘grownup’ selves and hope you wouldn’t find any more different in us than say a year ago that you decided to go away from in the first place!

Time does fly but we’ve hardly been to anywhere, really.

A month is like a flash and a year is like yesterday – people always laments there’s no enough time in our life but the truth is time is never on our side. We have to make do with all the time we have and try to make the best of it. Unless you’re busy “taking over the government” or “chasing MPs in Taiwan”, time is always up before you know it!

...And before anyone can say ‘Icantjoinkaraokenextweekcausemyttmworksmorningshift’, time flashes before your very own eyes.

Now that’s kind of stuff that will put me back in my ice tube.

2 comments:

izal said...

sentap pic aku takde...taknak lawat blog ko lagi!!!!!!

Mus The Great said...

hehheh...so sorry sesangat cik izal oiii...i lupa nak ambik pic u masa kat saner...almaklumlah meriah sesangat..