Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goods For Being Good

OK, here’s the deal; yesterday I received one big, generous hamper from my employer – and I mean really really generous. Not that it was really unexpected at all. In fact I have been bugging our HR like a certain kind of err..bug since the first day of Ramadan. O yeah, I am that no-shame cheapo, just say it!

Anyway my effort was paid off big time, as the hamper was awesome!



O don’t you feel your life sucks by looking at this?



To cut others some pain, I only took these two piccies, plus I was using my cam-phone darn it!

Actually, this is an annual thing here during Ramadan that most of us take it as one of our perks. So everyone was camping outside HR Dept since very early in the morning so that they get to choose their favorite color of the bag. You see, the hamper comes in a very attractive bag complete with our imposing bank’s logo on it. No flimsy, pasar malam basket and shiny plastic please!

Boy, am I glad I am part of this. I sure understand why certain organization can be so generous at this time of the year. They are spreading the joy of giving to their staff so that they can be more thankful and spreading the same joy to others as well…plus I guess they probably get a hefty tax rebate in doing so.

So once I was home, I decided to do the same as well. I opened the hamper/attractive bag and separated all the goodies into three categories; family, the less fortunate friends, and why of course me.

I carefully picked out items for each category - making sure that every item is to everyone’s liking and put them nicely in a box. Woo, I feel really good doing it. It was put-the-grey-skies-out-out-of-my-way kinda feeling.

I could have been vaccinating the children against malaria in Africa or saving the planet from melting polar ice cap, but I think, this feel as much fulfilling.

It does feel good to do good, doesn’t it?

I don’t doubt that for a second.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

o yeah man,

sharing is caring,
giving is loving...

:P

o how i miss kuih tart. ~down~

Zetty said...

so which one is mine?

Mus The Great said...

all the way from sydney,

kuih tart skrg tak sesedap mcm dulu lagi dah...i remember dulu punya more buttery and of course more 'filing'...or u can just get pinepple tart/pie kat sana..samer jer

zetty,

u ni 'less-than-fortunate' ker?...heheh..but i still have something for you tau...

Anonymous said...

hehe... actually i dont mind about the 'filing' im much concern of the 'feeling' of having kuih tart for raya... and guess what? kuih tart kat rumah org always taste better than the one in your own house. hahaha. i wonder why??

Xpin said...

Wah best nyer..Kalu my bank jgn harap. Sampul raya pun bg half last year and half this year punya. Hampeh tul..

I bet u took the Ferrero rocher kan?? Itu yg I nampak dulu...hehehehhe

Mus The Great said...

all the way from sydney,

i wonder about that too!...heheh

Win,

Ko kerja maybank lagi ker?...of cours lah i ambik yg paling mahal sekali...heheheh

Anonymous said...

so where is my share

Anonymous said...

so where is my share

Xpin said...

Yup...masih setia di Maybank...but no longer customer service... in QA now...