Saturday, September 20, 2008

Star Wars

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?

Fame and Fortune? Jessica Alba’s good looks? True love of Anakin Skywaker and Princes Padme Amidala? Or simply the abolition of ISA?

Whatever that you were wishing for, I wish you well. As for me, I don’t ‘want it all’. I only wish for one thing. I want to be a Star!



What happened when there are too many stars in a room? Answer: War. Luckily we have “rules” in this country

I hate tooting my own horn but despite what my karaoke rivals might have told you, my talents aren’t limited to flapping my arms or twisting my tongue, I can scream in tune. It’s almost - let’s one forgets – hauntingly melodic. But then again, its an acquired taste – just ask my ‘scream’ buddies/rival stars; Hasmiron, Zack, Nazrol and newcomer Reena. We mean business.

Even though we are so-called rival, sonically speaking, but we love each other to death. We endure terrible pain listening to each other – and if this isn’t what good friends are made of; gee, I don’t know what is.



The food wasn’t really gastronomically fantastic, but whatever!!

We are karaoke freaks! Since we were introduced to this wonder of human invention, we have long understood the calming effects of singing and its therapeutic benefits. We become less restrained when we sing and it helps us focus more on positive thoughts, while projecting our own feelings through our individual “performance”.

Like when I had a real load someone to have around or found myself in a pickle, karaoke allows me to relax by vocalizing me pent-up grievances through lyrics of popular songs like perennial favorite Saving All My Love To You and (gasp!) Nazam Lebaran.

Sadly, picture of me “vocalizing my pent-up grievances” were dutifully omitted, to so-called protect the national security. (Nowadays, “anything” can threaten our national security, so I just have to be extra careful about it)

The world is full of pleasing love stories, like to the denizens of Star Wars, how Anakin and Padme were meant for each other. Stranger still, two of the coolest karaoke singers in the world look pretty much amazing together.



Maybe we should record a duet together, wouldn't that be something written on the stars?

To quote Hans Solo: ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this.’

5 comments:

Life's Like That said...

i trusted Hans Solo then - its a bad bad, real the bad feelin indeed.


huhu

looka80 said...

mus - when is our karaoke session then?

bencoolen80 said...

Mus langsir rumah for entry on 15/9/08 tu u beli mana..? cun ar

Mus The Great said...

JM,

u aint hear nothing yet!...hehehe

Sham,

JOMM!!!

Ejam,

Ala..itu bukan umah i..itu umah reena, gadis genit yg kat tengah pic tu....

AFIR HAMIDI said...

haha... u have a funny n colourful life.

~all the way from sydney~