Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Children Of The Corn

I was like the Kanye West of MTV Video Awards. I never won anything. Not even the pitiable ‘consolation’ prize. I mean, this is ridiculous; everyone had probably won something at any point of his or her life right? But na’ah, not me - Nada.Zilch.Zero.Nil

My sad, strings-of-bad-luck story goes back all the way to my childhood not a very long time ago.

Remember in our younger days where we used to have this little craze over little ‘prized’ toys they put inside a selected snack for those ‘lucky kids’ only? Ding Dang, Chikedees, Toro, Tikam-Tikam (You get the idea). O yeah that’s what I am talking about. I would have probably bought the whole sundry shop and still would have walked away empty handed. (Thank Lord, I still have baby sisters to steal the toys from). I thought I was one of the Children of The Corn but my mom wouldn’t let me believe that. She said my luck just wasn’t in those trinkets.

But today, something miraculous happened to me. I got a letter from PR and inside it there was a cheque - it got my name on it!.



Me won a logo contest? Pinch me...hard.



Whoa, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. My eyes are still sore from the rubbing and – O don’t judge me! - crying. I am still basking on that glorious feeling. It’s a little bit overwhelming for me and then I called my mom.

“Mommy, hold me, I finally won something”

You've never been more right Mama - I am not the Children of The Corn. It was just a streak of bad luck but today my terrible bad luck was reversed. I am no longer cursed. I feel so, so…normal.

You must be very proud of me Mama. You should be.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Klakar la ko mus.. meh sini aku tgk logo kau yang dapat saguhati tuh..hehehehe..

so, buka puase on you today? hehehehe

Mus The Great said...

reena,

nanti aku post logo aku kat blog ni ek...aku lupa lak camner rupanya...boley?..heheh..i am sure pihak pengajur ader simpan lagi...

bila nak buka samer reena?..windu lah...uhuk!

looka80 said...

mus - way to go dude!

Life's Like That said...

yeah - wheres the logo? nak jgk tgk.. btw - how much is the prize? hehe

Mus The Great said...

sham,

thanks! i was shocked tau!, still is..over tak? ;)

JM,

atas permintaan, i'll definitely post the winning logo soon..berdebar2 tak?...heheh

hadiahnya?...try enlarge pic cheque tu

Zetty said...

hahaha...aku tak tau nangis bangga ke nak nangis sebab kelakar giller.

Anonymous said...

hey... first of all, THANK YOU for this entertaining blog. keep it up... i'll definitely come back again to read.

secondly... oh how i miss those ding dang and tora stuff! lol