Monday, December 3, 2007

Making Choices

I hate making choices. I hate limiting my options and as far as horrifying the-world-is-mine greedy goes, I want it all. But I know I can’t have it all.

In life we just have to live with those choices we made and what a cruel cruel world we live in, now that we know there are people who are bound to be disappointed with our picks. So overdramatic doesn’t even begin to describe my weekend.

I was made to choose between two good friends. One invited to me to her daughter’s birthday in Kajang while another has a free ticket to Harith Iskander and Douglas Lim‘s show (a stand up comedy show) in Bangsar. I was (literally) torn. I felt soo torn that at one point I thought I’d rather die than disappointing either of my friends (you see this is the ’overdramatic’ part I was referring to!)

And being a complete moron, I ‘kinda’ promised to be in both events! Talking about no balls, self-important, lying idiot!

So after much trials and tribulations….and some divine intervention, I finally decided that my own instant gratification has to be put forward, so I went for Bangsar’s show, knowing that later I have to endure the sub-zero treatment from my other friends.



So was it worth it?

The show was super crazy fun. I haven’t been laughing this hard since Jessica Simpson thought tuna sandwich was made from chicken. Douglas Lim was particularly a riot. The jokes were refreshing, smart and downright hilarious. It was a humorous takes on our Malaysia life without being pretentious at all.

I was thoroughly enjoyed the show and I cannot thank enough to the one man that make it all happened for me.



Herman, you know I owe one big supper next time, right?

At the end of the day, I still can’t decide whether it was the right choice for me and for everybody, but I know I have to live with it by now. For those friends who might be affected with the choices I made (or lack of it), I pray for your undivided love and understanding. I am only human and I hope you never failed to see that.

Now, would I still send the birthday gift to her or should I just keep it for the next year?

4 comments:

ukanera arenaku said...

Just don't make promises if you can't keep them. I'm sure they will understand if you honestly explain to them.

But were the two events on the same time? Or there was other reason? hehehe

Mus The Great said...

takder reasons lain nya...dua2 events tu mmg pukul 3.00pm...same time...camner?...hihihi....but i dah janji ngan Herman looong before...but i still feel bad about that besday tu...

Anonymous said...

wah! i quote 'but i dah janji ngan herman looong before'.. so obviously u can straight said no to ju's bday party kan.. but no, u have to give hope like saying something like..insyaallah?
oh well..

Mus The Great said...

janganlah sentap reena. kan i sms 3 hrs ealier. like i said 'it wasnt an easy choice'.