Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Letter That Never Meant To Be

Friend,

I received your email this morning. Unexpectedly.

It was the least thing I would expect to receive from you in my otherwise glorious Tuesday morning. Not now, not tomorrow and definitely not after what we have gone through for the past couple of months. I can’t lie. Usually I get jittery whenever I received your emails. But somehow I knew this was not like any of those emails you sent to me before – you know, those with un-mistakenly-you opening ‘Semarak Salam. This one was different. I simply knew it.

So I was stunned. I opened it and read it slowly, word by word and found it amusing about the time you chose to do this.

Anyway I didn’t wait a second – not to reply but to explain myself. People have got to see my side of story once again. You know, now that this has become about winning a clout. You probably wouldn’t understand it.

I am sorry we haven’t spoken for a while, but it’s ok, we are better off this way anyway. I don’t know what future may hold for us but I am guessing we can never past that ‘hi’ and ‘how are you doing?’ anymore.

I am sorry about those nasty lies and mean things I said about you.

I am sorry if my actions put you in irrecoverably pain or hurt you in anyway.

I am sorry about those unnecessary times I spent to explain to our friends how innocent I was, although nobody could have cared less about it.

I am sorry about those countless stupid fights we had before that dated back to our school years but I am supposed you know me by now.

I am sorry for that two-words ‘minta maaf’ I sms-ed to you that didn’t really mean anything, so much so I failed to remember it now nor your reply to it.

I am sorry that things couldn’t possibly be exactly the same and I am sorry this has to end this way but they are things that never meant to be.

But I have longed forgiven you and way over it by now. You’ll be glad I have moved on and I hope you have too.

We will be in each other life that’s for sure. We will definitely cross each other path soon and O yes I read your blog everyday. We are not gonna stop checking on each other.

I am sorry that this story will not have a happy ending soon, but I am still glad we were once friends.

Thanks you for the email and most importantly thank you for recognizing the pain we caused to each other.

This is liberating, isn't it?

Your friend.

1 comment:

ukanera arenaku said...

you're a smart guy, Mus. :) although u did it ur way, I still proud of you, mate. and thanks for being a good friend to me.