Monday, November 12, 2007

What Have We Become?

It’s got free soap, free tissue and people lining up at the door. A hot new club? Nope – the bathroom at Shell Pandan Indah – the site of November 9 showdown between me and an Indian guy.

The Indian guy tried to cut the line and I wasn’t having it. Fists never flew but questions did.

Is the Shell’s bathroom really worth fighting for? Well scarcity equals demand and with single stall room for a kazillion patrons everyday, there’s almost always a line.

We, Malaysian hear the similar encounter and story everyday, which brings to my next question:

Have we now become what I think we have become?

Sadly, I think we have.

I hate to preach. I don’t believe something so simple and common needs to be told a thousand times but somewhere, something needs to be done. But then again, I leave that to our politicians and educators.

OK. I stop now cause I started to bore you plus when I feel troubled, I usually sit in those feelings all day. And after an emotional day like that, I am happy when it’s done and I can come back to planet reality.

So the next time you see a long line and decided to cheat your way in front - DON'T - cause then you have to answer to me!

3 comments:

Manifestation of Life said...

of all the places that you could go, why is it that particular toilet attracted your attention? i wonder why..
come on Mus, i though you could become better than that, you always have the toilet in my house, right?!
irony..irony..irony..
hehehehehehehe.... :-)

ukanera arenaku said...

sorry, guys... I totally don't get it!
:(

Wadi: said...

I like your earlier thoughts on the earlier bit of your post. Nonetheless, do you think it goes back to attitude and upbringing? emmm