Friday, November 9, 2007

Grumble, Grumble

Life may be getting better for many of us – as the economy improves, we’re healthier, better educated and more affluent – but there are still plenty of things that drive us crazy - like driving to work everyday.

Get this. My house and office are only 8km apart, yet it’d take about 30 minutes to arrive without breaking a sweat. Every morning is kinda like another battlefield for me. Well instead of on some bloody Arenas or on a ransacked paddy field, it’s on well-tarred Malaysian road.

And I am not only talking about the never-solved-ancient-mystery traffic jam here – it’s the road works that constantly disrupt traffic. GOD! The digging never seems to end – once they finish one stretch, another one begins and another sign ‘Kesulitan amat dikesali, demi keselesaan anda di masa hadapan’ s*** is being put up. It’s a perpetual nightmare!

It’s chaotic, to say the least.

I know this is old news, but there, this 3-point juncture between Taman Nirwana and Taman Cahaya, just before Taman Dagang traffic light that has been the main cause of me using up all my Aspirin supply. And this, might be and will be the only reason if I ever turned to Prozac.

In fact, to everyone horror, this is not the only dreadful place in KL that has been littered with this empty promises - dozen more and thousand more to come – for the sake of ‘Pembangunan’. Wait! That does sound familiar. Ha! Talking about irony huh?

Forget I said that. Move on.

Gone were the days where owning a car was a luxury and driving to work was a breeze. Perhaps it’s what birds have been singing about for so long - to warn us, well, before they were being replaced by deafening horns and engines.

Fast forward and crashed to reality land; One of these days I am gonna lose my mind. So what would I do to release some steam?

Don’t worry I have my own unique way on how to deal with this. Word of advice: just keep your pet away from my neighborhood road or you’ll be ended up looking for them under my tires.

Excuse me, if I sound a little bit emotional (psycho) here, but it’s for our ‘keselesaan di masa hadapan’ right?

The point I try to make is: people simply don’t want to spend most of their lives stuck in traffic. You simply cannot be a good driver in KL. You have to know how to cut into queues, how to drive fast and not hit or be hit by other.

Sigh, if only that was legal. I can already imagine the ad campaign.

2 comments:

Manifestation of Life said...

my dear friend, i can't imagine my life not reading your blog for even a day. everyday in the internet, i will never fail to open your blog, and today, is another proving point why i like to read your write-up. your writing skill, i would say, have become some sort like Peter Teoh's writing, which i adore that man's capability. anyway, to cherish today's writing, i am going to belanja you for stand-up comedy by Harith Iskander and Jit Murad end November. remind me to pass you the ticket eh.
love you mate...

Mus The Great said...

Thanks Herman...i'll definitely remind you