Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Some Kind Of A Hero....

There are few things in life that I have vowed never to do - at least not in this lifetime anyway. While bungee jumping and pole dancing might share the special mention here, donating my ‘hard-earned’ blood could well be up on the top of my list.

But then again “What do I know?”.

I know it was an unbelievably me. I went completely against my free will and yet it was a total breakthrough in my hip, young life. After more than 30 years of pure ignorance and blatant narcissism, I finally return to the path of light – I gave a pint of my blood away to save the human kind. (Thud!).

Though I couldn’t really say I enjoyed the process at first, I didn’t really scream like a little girl (OK, maybe a little!). It does feel good now that I think about it. Well if I heard it right, the honorable thing I did yesterday might actually save at least three innocent lives. I thought “Wow I must be some kind of a hero”.

Life as we know it is full of unpredictability and surprises, especially when it comes to mine. I sometimes did something I wouldn’t normally do and it struck to me how compassionate can easily surpasses any of my deepest fear and wariness. I guess that’s the power of self-discovery and a little persuasion.



“Why am I here again? O. Free cookies”



Yes, I am healthy, age more than 18 and weight MORE than 45kg



What is worse than waiting? Sucking your blood out from your vein



“OK so my blood type is O, so is it less pain?”



“Sakit tak, Kak?”
“Taklah, macam kena patuk ular jer”
Gulp!

If there was one thing I brought home yesterday (other than a pack of Milo, an apple, a can of soda, a pack of chocolate cookies and self dignity still intact) is the fact that I know I am a good man.

(Yes, you may vomit now!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard that donating blood will make u gain weight.. *shudder*

Mus The Great said...

now you are telling me?!

ukanera arenaku said...

did u have to fill up a form, mus before donating ur blood? some of the questions were so.... what's the word?

don't forget to read an exclusive interview with Princess Reena at http://tamuarenaku.blogspot.com/

Mus The Great said...

i filled up the form and to your surprise maybe, i was cleared. thank you for asking..

i dah baca dah that 'exclusive interview'...revealing sgt...i like!